Ophelia says Hello!

opheliaeatsbugs

Avid Member
Hi everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hello... it has been a busy year for us - divorce, a move, and all the stuff that goes with that. Ophelia has done well through it all... she is a trooper and a very cool cham! Once again, I wanted to give a huge thank you to everyone who helped me learn everything I needed to know when Ophelia and I first met in December 2016. I couldn't have done it without this group!

I recently was able to upgrade Ophelia's enclosure and today, as I was adding more greenery and helping the pothos vines on the bottom wind upward, Ophelia couldn't stop getting in my way. She's like a puppy who has to be involved in every aspect of what is going on at all times. I know it's unusual for chameleons - especially veileds - to be so "friendly" but she was making me laugh as I was trying to not be frustrated LOL. I had already fed her and moved her FOUR TIMES away from the area I was working on but she would head right back over and climb on my arm or sit on the branch I was trying to work on. Silly girl!! I know she was just hoping for more food because she is a tree cow, but still... good grief! Here are a few pics of her being curious and annoying. Love this girl <3

Attachments

• 20191021_093150.jpg
    20191021_093150.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 20191021_094302.jpg
    20191021_094302.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20191021_094621.jpg
    20191021_094621.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191021_094234.jpg
    20191021_094234.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 106
Hi James0o0! It has been awhile... and it's amazing how fast a year can go by. We are both good, thank you :) she looks good because of friends like you!

Hope to see you around more often. Lol I remember first time she was laying eggs for you, following along on her progress here. Where's the time go!?

Hope to see you around more often. Lol I remember first time she was laying eggs for you, following along on her progress here. Where's the time go!?
HAHA I don't know - it just goes! I remember the first time she laid - I was a basket case o_O I decided early on to follow @kinyonga's advice about trying to limit the number of clutches females have in a year.... for both our sakes. She hasn't had a clutch in over a year. She's healthy, active, sheds, poops, eats... we are solid. I'm not able to get her into the sun as often as I could in my old place, which is a sadness, but I'm working on it. How are you and your chams?

HAHA I don't know - it just goes! I remember the first time she laid - I was a basket case o_O I decided early on to follow @kinyonga's advice about trying to limit the number of clutches females have in a year.... for both our sakes. She hasn't had a clutch in over a year. She's healthy, active, sheds, poops, eats... we are solid. I'm not able to get her into the sun as often as I could in my old place, which is a sadness, but I'm working on it. How are you and your chams?

That's great. I think females do well with limited feeding(within reason). Lol I remember you freaking out on here about it. All still good though I see!

I had to part with all my chams(3 Male Panthers, 1 female) except for 1(my yellow lip parsonii). He's the guy in my profile picture, lives outside most of the year, brumates in the garage for winter. I gave my panthers to some awesome members on here who have been doing a great job. I plan to get more eventually, but we bought our first home which was smaller(but nice woods and yard), plus I recently had 2 babies within a year of each other so it was just too much to try and set up enclosures for all of them. I shouldn't have got so much while renting, but at least they're in good homes now.

:love::love::love::love::love: Ophelia looks wonderful . It’s so very nice to see both you well .

Hey, friend!! Thanks for popping in to say hello :) yep, we are doing great... how are u?
Some friends you have to pop on for xo !!. Life has been a bit crazy as you said time fly’s all and all we are doing just fine .

We lost Frances in March , she is so very missed . Every one else is doing great . I think we may have a few new additions since you have been on . Clelia and wasabi ❤️.

Some friends you have to pop on for xo !!. Life has been a bit crazy as you said time fly’s all and all we are doing just fine .

We lost Frances in March , she is so very missed . Every one else is doing great . I think we may have a few new additions since you have been on . Clelia and wasabi ❤.
Aww, sorry to hear abt Frances:( I know that has to hurt... but welcome to your new additions! I'll go hunt up their pics

That's great. I think females do well with limited feeding(within reason). Lol I remember you freaking out on here about it. All still good though I see!

I had to part with all my chams(3 Male Panthers, 1 female) except for 1(my yellow lip parsonii). He's the guy in my profile picture, lives outside most of the year, brumates in the garage for winter. I gave my panthers to some awesome members on here who have been doing a great job. I plan to get more eventually, but we bought our first home which was smaller(but nice woods and yard), plus I recently had 2 babies within a year of each other so it was just too much to try and set up enclosures for all of them. I shouldn't have got so much while renting, but at least they're in good homes now.
Ahh, yes human babies rival the attention and care that chams do lolol congrats on your family! Your parson is so gorgeous

Hello, your girl sure does look friendly. I can just imagine her saying, "mom what is that for, mom what are you doing, mom, mom, mom" just like a little toddler.

SHES SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! What a pretty little girl! The fat tree cow comment made me giggle. My Charlie is like that. He's all up in your business, all over the place. If he were a girl I would have named him Dora the Explorer!

Sorry to hear about the divorce and all...I'm sure it was no picnic. Glad to see Ophelia is doing so well though ...and to know that you were able to shut down her reproduction! It takes balance to do that!

@jamest0o0 said..."plus I recently had 2 babies within a year of each other so it was just too much to try and set up enclosures for all of them"....I'd like to see the enclosures you set up for the 2 babies! :) :)
(Sorry but I just couldn't resist saying that!)

Back
Top Bottom