Ophelia says Hello!

Sorry to hear about the divorce and all...I'm sure it was no picnic. Glad to see Ophelia is doing so well though ...and to know that you were able to shut down her reproduction! It takes balance to do that!

@jamest0o0 said..."plus I recently had 2 babies within a year of each other so it was just too much to try and set up enclosures for all of them"....I'd like to see the enclosures you set up for the 2 babies! :) :)
(Sorry but I just couldn't resist saying that!)

it truly works Frances in 4years only laid 2 small clutches , phoeb’s will be 2 she has never laid and clelia only one with in weeks of me picking her up . She has no signs of production .

it truly works Frances in 4years only laid 2 small clutches , phoeb’s will be 2 she has never laid and clelia only one with in weeks of me picking her up . She has no signs of production .
So glad to hear at you've been able to slow/stop the reproduction too! IMHO it does extend their lives by doing this... as long as it's done properly of course.
So sorry to hear you lost Frances though. It's never easy losing them.

SHES SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! What a pretty little girl! The fat tree cow comment made me giggle. My Charlie is like that. He's all up in your business, all over the place. If he were a girl I would have named him Dora the Explorer!
Thank u :) I've always felt so lucky that Ophelia wasn't a typical cham. She is my first so I wasn't sure what to expect. Come to find out, most can be very cantankerous!!

Sorry to hear about the divorce and all...I'm sure it was no picnic. Glad to see Ophelia is doing so well though ...and to know that you were able to shut down her reproduction! It takes balance to do that!

Yes, it took 2 additional clutches (after the first one which I didn't think I would survive lol) to really figure her out, but your info/advice worked for her. I think the hardest part was not feeding her as often because she acts like she's starving (she could win an Oscar for the drama). And, also worrying that the fewer feeders meant she wasn't getting as much calcium as it seemed she should ‍♀️ but I compensated by making sure her feeders were the very best. I hope you can give yourself a pat on the back for helping us out in such an impactful way!

So glad to hear at you've been able to slow/stop the reproduction too! IMHO it does extend their lives by doing this... as long as it's done properly of course.
So sorry to hear you lost Frances though. It's never easy losing them.
She was just shy of 4 . With her health issues it was amazing we got that long with her .

@Kristen Wilkins ...hopefully the others will live even longer!

@opheliaeatsbugs ...it can take a while to get the clutches stopped and with some you can't get them stopped completely...so you did well. It's amazing how they can tug at our heart strings to get more food...but we have to be strong...like when ours kids want more candy! I don't need pars on the back...I'm just happy when it works and the chameleons have longer lives.

Hi. Ophelia is beautiful and I’m so jealous that she‘s friendly. Trying to build up that trust with mine and hopefully one day will achieve it.
Hi:) yes, she is! Well, if I told you how long I would sit with a worm on my hand waiting for her, you would think I was nuts lol ... I just out-waited her but I think some just are ornery!

@jamest0o0 said..."plus I recently had 2 babies within a year of each other so it was just too much to try and set up enclosures for all of them"....I'd like to see the enclosures you set up for the 2 babies! :) :)
(Sorry but I just couldn't resist saying that!)

We've been over this, but of course you weren't here to know, that they have bioactive free ranges!

Back
Top Bottom