Open Mouth

lenanguyen34

My female veiled cham is gravid. It been a while now and no eggs layed. Today, just now she's been sitting with her mouth wide open. I don't know what is wrong with her. Temp is 80⁰F basking and 75 below. She is about 7 months old I'd say

i would put her in a bucket laybin with 5 inches of moist dirt and sand she can't get out of and leave her over nite in a dark private area.

How do I get her to lay her eggs. I have a lay bin 12ft tall with moisten soil in her enclosure. She still eats every day at least 5 crickets w calcium and D3 ever other week

True if you use poison on soil don't use it. but thats whats in nature and I free range, and am organic and eat from my soil and I'm sort of o.k.:D

I would not dirt from my backyard. I would use about 10widex10deep inches of soil. And I would put it inside her enclosure behind some plants where she will feel secure. I would also get a scrap plant and put it planted in the play sand as they like to lay their eggs beside the roots and it adds extra privacy.

I do agree, if she has a lot of eggs inside her she may be having a hard time breathing and will open her mouth. If she has an RI she will open her mouth. If she is too hot she will open her mouth. But if you say her hottest spot is 80 then I do not think she is too hot. Does she have stringy saliva in her mouth?

How do I get her to lay her eggs. I have a lay bin 12ft tall with moisten soil in her enclosure. She still eats every day at least 5 crickets w calcium and D3 ever other week
12 feet tall?
You should be cutting her feedings back. She should be eating 3 feeders, 3 days a week. If you overfeed her she will have way too many eggs.

Idk she's pretty thick but that could be because of how often she eats I think she's ready but the eating hade thinking otherwise

Attachments

• PXL_20210111_191655563.jpg
    PXL_20210111_191655563.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 64
Idk she's pretty thick but that could be because of how often she eats I think she's ready but the eating hade thinking otherwise
Can you take a picture of the lay bin and the entire enclosure lights down so we can see?

She looks hefty. How much are you feeding now and how often? Have you not reduced her back? RI means respiratory infection. But as already said if they are holding a lot of eggs this pushes up on their lungs.

Back
Top Bottom