Only poops in the sun :S

perca05

Hi...so just throwing this out there. My panther apparently will only poop when I put him in his outside cage, when the sun is on him. In his normal indoor cage, nothing happens. And I can't get him outside all the time, cause its been cold lately. Is this normal? He has all kinds of lights in his cage, UV, incandescent, and a grow bulb for his pothos. My veiled has same setup and he poops like mad. Just wondering what might be wrong, or what I can do to help him with this.
thanks
Caroline

My panther does THE EXACT SAME THING! :D It is like clockwork, 20 minutes of outside sun and he goes every time. Now that it is colder he does poop less frequently, usually when he is on his free-range. Must like a clean cage... :)

I have two panthers that do this. Must be a panther thing. The sun must just feel so good. It is weird. They poop less in the winter, but still evenually go without a problem.

When I first got my panther he wouldn't poop at all inside his enclosure, I had to get a napkin and put it on my hand because if he sat there for a minute he would poop. So I'm assuming it has something to do with the all around warmth factor. Luckily he grew out of that stage!
my veiled is such an elusive pooper though, I've never even seen him go.

Back
Top Bottom