ONLY EATING HOPPERS NOW!

lthrbecks

Established Member
Since stopping crickets last week, my juvenile cam is only eating grasshoppers! I've a good selection of other feeder foods wax and silkworms banana roaches and snails. He's only fussed on hoppers for whatever reason. He's had one snail, as they only arrived yesterday.

I'm very reluctant to buy crickets again, as the one or two escapees, were driving me insane through the night with their incessant chirping! If, and only if, i buy them ever again, they'll be instar 2 as they're too immature to chirp and are wingless at that age! One other thing, i rarely get him to drink for me. He doesn't lick wet leaves after misting. He's only taken water from a tiny bottle!

Any ideas? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Regards
Mark

My chameleons have a base diet of hoppers with the occasional waxworm or veggie. Hoppers are fine if you know where to buy them. I personally think crickets drive me crazy as well. As for the drinking, I wouldnt be too worried. Mine wouldnt drink at all for a while after i bought them and they gradually got more comfortable.

Since stopping crickets last week, my juvenile cam is only eating grasshoppers! I've a good selection of other feeder foods wax and silkworms banana roaches and snails. He's only fussed on hoppers for whatever reason. He's had one snail, as they only arrived yesterday.

I'm very reluctant to buy crickets again, as the one or two escapees, were driving me insane through the night with their incessant chirping! If, and only if, i buy them ever again, they'll be instar 2 as they're too immature to chirp and are wingless at that age! One other thing, i rarely get him to drink for me. He doesn't lick wet leaves after misting. He's only taken water from a tiny bottle!

Any ideas? Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

Regards
Mark
Banded crickets are quiet if you have access to them. It is not uncommon to not see your cham drinking. As long as his urates are white, you know he is hydrated. Setup a dripper as added insurance.

Back
Top Bottom