ongoing eye problem HELP

chameleon chris

So my female nosy be scratched her eye ball about 3 months ago. I knew there must be problem so took to vet on first sight.given Ocuflox antibacterial ophthalmic solution EYE DROPS 4 times a day for 4 weeks & Tribrissen suspension antibiodics 1 time a day for 2 days then 1 time every 2 days. After 5 days of treatment the eye lid & eye looked worse. Back to vet eye ball looking better eye lid getting worse. Switched eye drops different type continued treatment. Eye ball got 100% better but eye lid continued to go down hill. Took her to vet every 4 days during this time. Stoped all meds after 4 weeks of treatment eye ball is 100% just eye lid is really ruff & looks realbad from rubbing. Vet said she will stop scratching now that meds have stoped but she has'nt. I try every thing i know. All ruff surfaces are out but she still rubs against live plants. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS im desperate any water or moisture makes her scratch and vet has done all tests over and over no bacteria or illness present. I spent close to 1000$ on vet & meds now I love my chams & do anything for them but can't do this every month for her. How do i stop her from rubbing? :confused::eek: I also care for many other panthers and have no habbitat issues vary clean & well looked after. Only none toxic plants mainly umbrellas.

I had the same problem with one of mine. Along with the eye problem, $1,000 hurts. I put mine directly in the steam from the hot showers 3 times a day for 10 min. After the showers I would use a safe saline solution and spray it in the closed eye. Then I used a triple antibiotic ointment on the scab and eye. After 7 days the scabs healed and the eye looked better. Then I got a Rx for Tobramycin and have been using it for at least 3 weeks by putting it on the eye. She is now opening her eye more and she looks much better. Hope this helps.

I had the same problem with one of mine. Along with the eye problem, $1,000 hurts. I put mine directly in the steam from the hot showers 3 times a day for 10 min. After the showers I would use a safe saline solution and spray it in the closed eye. Then I used a triple antibiotic ointment on the scab and eye. After 7 days the scabs healed and the eye looked better. Then I got a Rx for Tobramycin and have been using it for at least 3 weeks by putting it on the eye. She is now opening her eye more and she looks much better. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much. She scratches from water & moisture though & her eye ball is perfect her eye is open & looking around 100% sight. Any time the mister goes off she starts scratching. Its not water quality have 8 panthers on same water. No other problems with any others. I want to try the antibiotic ointment what brand and where is it available it might sooth the itching I've tried drippers she won't take to used to mister & don't want to dehighdrate.

Back
Top Bottom