One last tip :D

Johnny909

Hey

I am finally picking up my cham in the morning! :)

but I am having a small issue, I have been testing my enclosure all week, I am having trouble keeping the humidity over the 50 mark, i think its due to its large size, I can only mist once in the morning and once at night. Where is the best place to put my hydrometer?

thanks
John

maybe you might want to invest in automatic mister system or have you tried using a dripper and see if that helps keep up the humidity? I have my humdity gauge near the top of my cage but that is just me.

Im not even sure if the mister would do it, I live in quebec and I heat all day long, the mister would have to be on all day has the air is very dry and the water evaporates rather quickly. Im thinking of sealing the cage with a wrap for the rest of winter... I could seal half , what is more important for the cham, High humidity or hight air flow...

John

What type chameleon are you planning to get? You can wrap part or all of two sides the screen cage in a plastic material to help maintain humidity but your still going to loose it very quickly. The best bet is go to walmart and get a room humidifier for about 25.00 bucks and just leave it on all day.

How much humidity will these things do, its in my living room right now and I dont want the whole place to be sticky..

well an automatic misting system will make it so it gets misted more than 2 times a day. you dont have to run it all day, just 3 to 4 times for 1 to 2 mins should be fine. you just dont want it dry in there for long periods. i live in an area with high humidity, and i burn wood for heat. so its extra dry. i have a dripper going all day and mist 4 times a day for 2 mins and he stays hydrated. just a suggestion on what you could do. hope this helps.

Im not even sure if the mister would do it, I live in quebec and I heat all day long, the mister would have to be on all day has the air is very dry and the water evaporates rather quickly. Im thinking of sealing the cage with a wrap for the rest of winter... I could seal half , what is more important for the cham, High humidity or hight air flow...

John

Really just depends on different environmental factors such as, relative humidity, room size, how long you run the humidifier etc. Even if you run the thing all day it wouldn't really make everything sticky as it would thicken the air. I have mine on a timer to turn on twice a day for a few hours. This allows a humid time and more dry time in between.

Back
Top Bottom