One Crazy Pygmy...

Jerambis

So I went to a petstore today and noticed they had a small terrarium with a female and male brev inside. When I went up to it I noticed that the male brev was fully submerged in the water staring at me. I told the petstore owner that I thought her pygmy was drowning and she told me that for some reason, a few times a day the male brev just hangs out about an inch under water. So I went back and watched him for at least another 2 minutes and finally he popped his head above the water for a little bit, then decided to go back down. While under the water he looked around and moved as if he was on dry land. Finally after about 10 minutes he climbed up the little plant he was on and started wondering around. Has anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

It sounds like he will end up drowning sooner rather than later. This is not natural. As well, we all know that they don't change that water 3 x a day like they should b/c he probably is going to the bathroom in there. He may die from that alone.

Many reptiles will submerge themselves in water when they have parasites. I don't know exactly how true this is for chameleons, but was just a thought.

Its just strange because he seemed like he knew what he was doing. He seemed to like it. The water quality was definetly suspect.

I've got a young jacksonii that I caught soaking when it was around 3 months old. I forgot the mister was on and came back to an inch or more of water standing and slowly leaking out of the cage. The baby was completely submerged, except for the top of the head and tried to bite me when I reached in to pick it up. It was holding onto the screen with one foot and could have climbed out of the water if it wanted to.

You guys are crazy, chams love to scuba, I took my Jackson with me to the Bahama's and we went coral reef diving, he's a great free-diver. :)

Back
Top Bottom