On the ground

As mentioned You need to run some more branches and vines horizontally. You can take that big vine you have and wrap it in a circle towards the top. You can attach it to the sides with push pins through the screen. Your chameleon is climbing on the sides because he does not have a lot of options towards the top of the cage to crawl on comfortably.

As mentioned You need to run some more branches and vines horizontally. You can take that big vine you have and wrap it in a circle towards the top. You can attach it to the sides with push pins through the screen. Your chameleon is climbing on the sides because he does not have a lot of options towards the top of the cage to crawl on comfortably.
Do you mean in like a spiral?

People have said that before the dr at the vet said that he looks fine and all chameleons are different
he also had a broken leg. That's not normal for a casque. With proper calcium you get a nice high properly shaped casque. With mbd you get a small misshapen casque. I still suggest you find a veterinarian that specializes in chameleons.

he also had a broken leg. That's not normal for a casque. With proper calcium you get a nice high properly shaped casque. With mbd you get a small misshapen casque. I still suggest you find a veterinarian that specializes in chameleons.
That is the only vet around here that takes exotics

Is this good for a basking spot

Attachments

• C5BEAE72-39BF-4B20-B150-24312D87AA5B.jpeg
    C5BEAE72-39BF-4B20-B150-24312D87AA5B.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 68
His leg injury happened before i got him i bought him from a guy i have known for a very long time i don’t see bowing of his legs either

Cant hurt to try a 60w and see what the temp on the branch is. You should aim for the 85*F mark so if the 60w bulb is still too hot you can lower the branch or raise the lamp a little at a time until you hit your desired temp.

Cant hurt to try a 60w and see what the temp on the branch is. You should aim for the 85*F mark so if the 60w bulb is still too hot you can lower the branch or raise the lamp a little at a time until you hit your desired temp.
How would i raise the lamp? I don’t really want to put another hole in the screen

Last edited:
Yes, I meant like a spiral. You could even it rest it on those dowel rods and attach it with twist tie.

Back
Top Bottom