On the ground

Bmjo

Established Member
i was sitting in my room and i didn’t hear him fall or anything but when i went to mist Zeus he was on the bottom of his cage curled up. I picked him up and he felt cold and i put him in front of the light and he instantly started moving around again and had both eyes open. Could it of been he couldn’t move around on the bottom because he had nothing around him to grasp on too

Can you post a picture of your setup as well as the temperatures in his basking spot as well as at the bottom of his cage? Just so we can speculate why it happened. Have you ever found him at the bottom before?

i was sitting in my room and i didn’t hear him fall or anything but when i went to mist Zeus he was on the bottom of his cage curled up. I picked him up and he felt cold and i put him in front of the light and he instantly started moving around again and had both eyes open. Could it of been he couldn’t move around on the bottom because he had nothing around him to grasp on too
How old is Zeus

Can you post a picture of your setup as well as the temperatures in his basking spot as well as at the bottom of his cage? Just so we can speculate why it happened. Have you ever found him at the bottom before?
no this is the first time. Basking is around 89

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 120
This isn't the first time Zeus has been having a problem...he's had eye issues, eating issues, shedding issues, etc since the beginning. Read some of the threads if you're going to answer this thread because otherwise you'll be asking the same questions that have been asked a few times already.

@Bmjo ...please don't make more posts about the problems Zeus is having....just add to the post you already started....you're making it very hard for us to follow it all.

This isn't the first time Zeus has been having a problem...he's had eye issues, eating issues, shedding issues, etc since the beginning. Read some of the threads if you're going to answer this thread because otherwise you'll be asking the same questions that have been asked a few times already.

@Bmjo ...please don't make more posts about the problems Zeus is having....just add to the post you already started....you're making it very hard for us to follow it all.
I was just wondering what it could have been whenever i try to add on to an old one nobody answers me. He ate like a champ today he’s been perfect for the past couple weeks i was thinking he followed the branch i moved down to the bottom and had nothing to grasp onto

Okay the temperatures are good, so it might be something wrong with his health. If it happens again, I would say go talk to a veterinarian to see if there is a physical issue.

Okay the temperatures are good, so it might be something wrong with his health. If it happens again, I would say go talk to a veterinarian to see if there is a physical issue.
I’m starting to think he may have fallen because the branch is plastic and i had the dripper going and i think he slipped i am going to keep a very close eye on him

Can you please take a new picture of him to show us when you can? Chameleons do not just curl up when put on a flat surface. They can walk back to the screen just fine and climb back up. If he was curled up, that's a clear sign of an illness or injury

Can you please take a new picture of him to show us when you can? Chameleons do not just curl up when put on a flat surface. They can walk back to the screen just fine and climb back up. If he was curled up, that's a clear sign of an illness or injury
I can take one after school. He’s been doing amazing i don’t know what could be wrong his eyes have been constantly open he’s been active and eating like crazy this was after i put him under the light

Attachments

• DD1E5F7A-3F34-4952-8DF5-6D3881819085.jpeg
    DD1E5F7A-3F34-4952-8DF5-6D3881819085.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 100
All right. Also please take a picture of his entire enclosure so we can see how your setup is looking these days

Good to hear he's been active and keeping his eyes open! Hopefully this was just a fluke

All right. Also please take a picture of his entire enclosure so we can see how your setup is looking these days

Good to hear he's been active and keeping his eyes open! Hopefully this was just a fluke
Today he ate all 10 crickets in one sitting then he hissed at me and ran up onto his branch. I just went and bought a branch and more leaves for his cage the pothos isn’t big enough yet

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 109
Great! Sounds like his appetite is coming back.

Glad to hear you're getting more branches and leaves. It's still very bare in there. If there's one thing you really need to change, it's that he needs a horizontal perch directly under the basking lamp (about 6 inches underneath it). The dowel you have in there right now is way too low for him to benefit from the basking lamp. It also means he probably can't get close enough to his UVB either

New setup and Zeus as of today

Attachments

• F78E3B01-612C-4AE6-A2E8-4349A80CFE75.jpeg
    F78E3B01-612C-4AE6-A2E8-4349A80CFE75.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 6994082C-5A5E-4289-B3A8-5CC6CAD58248.jpeg
    6994082C-5A5E-4289-B3A8-5CC6CAD58248.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 88
As has been repeatedly mentioned, you still really need a horizontal perch much closer to the basking light it looks like. Just move that dowel up, at least. He won’t be able to merabolize if he can’t warm himself. You would also benefit with the addition of live plants

Back
Top Bottom