On the ground for a week now?

I think what jajeanpierre meant was that the laying bin is that big. (?) I know mine is, its a big tub that covers the entire space at the bottom. I don't keep it in there all the time though.

Oh and for what it's worth mine will go down to the bottom multiple times day while she's "receptive". I'm pretty sure she's looking for a way out.

I think your chameleon is carrying eggs and I think that the cage needs to be a out 80F near the top and more like 75F at the bottom. The MBD can also be playing a part in her going to the bottom.
However...the most important thing right now is to give her what she needs to get her to lay the eggs.

Alphakenc...how are posts like "big is the new sexy" and "sexy is always huggable" helping solve the problem that the OP is having with this chameleon??

Ha ,I was afraid you not gonna ask,you see That I quoted my own thread with my hidden message from previous I wrote,it did took a while for @brownie64 to read my mind,and@kinyonga you are the second person mention about the eggs like I did,so long story short , I dont want to hurt the poster feeling by calling her chameleon is getting fat ,so thats why I rephrase my words to big is new sexy:)

I noticed your quotes and figured that was what you were doing but it doesn't help solve the problem the person is having with the chameleon.

Very cleaver:) and I do understand your point of view,but we can only suggest the person and helping them explore their problem solving possibilities to solve their problems,we can never change their mind unless they wanna be change for the chameleon sake,plus the outcome can always turn out to be a complete different way,thats why I like to give hints,but I dont tell them what to do unless they are totally agreeing with me:)

Dropped the temp to 72 at the bottom, no change in behaviour - some nights she's up, but most of the time is spent down on the ground. She's showing very little interest in food the last three days, usually she comes running to the treat cup and now she won't eat from it. She is still taking crickets, but not porking them down like she normally does when they're first added. It's taking her all day to get through them. Still only checking on her in the morning and at lights out.

I don't think she looks gravid? I have't been able to get a photo of her back and am having trouble telling from the sides and bottom. Feeling very confused as she still looks okay overall.

Taken right before all the lights went out for the night. (Tried to time the different tank lighting as close together as I could.) Hers had already gone off a few minutes before, so she was settled in to sleep.

WP_20160205_21_20_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20160205_21_20_51_Pro.jpg

Crap! I was getting the cricket bin ready for a new batch, walked into the critter room, and she was digging in the bin... I ran outta there! Hoping it wasn't enough to scare her off. Won't be going back in until after lights out.

Hope everything goes smoothly and safely for you two. Good luck from me and my two babies. ^^

Grr. I peeked around the corner and she was at the very bottom. :( I'll go in after lights out to make sure everything in that room has food and water, and then stay out of there completely tomorrow. Fingers crossed she tries again.

She acted normal for maybe a week, and then yesterday she started digging. Spent all night in her hole laying, and has been burying them all day. I'm hoping she'll sleep in her normal spot tonight.

All that work getting her weight back to healthy, and it was all eggs! :confused: She looks as thin as the day we brought her home.

WP_20160218_13_58_49_Pro.jpg

I'm hoping it's just weakness, I checked on her and she was on her side, legs in the air, not holding onto anything and tangled in the hanging plant. I got her free and she squeezed my finger hard. Got her back onto her 'normal' branch. Seems alert at least. I though for sure when I saw her legs up she was dead. Fingers crossed she's okay come morning. I don't like the look of her throat, but she's lost so much weight it might just be perspective.

Just half-heartedly digging I found 59 eggs. Some normal, some undersized. Will pull the bin tomorrow to set the drainage back up and will see if there are more then. Is that a standard amount? I know her previous owners (who gave her no heat source, uvb, or food) said she did 50 and 70 the two times she laid for them.

It wasn't my goal to have her do this, but she does have a history of large clutches despite 70 degree temps and being fed once a week.

Do the eggs look normal? Most are the size of a jelly bean / bean seed. A few are the size of dried peas.

WP_20160218_20_43_31_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom