OMG What you don't want to see opening the delivery box

Awwww congratulations! Julie is so precious! What a bargain - 8 for the price of one! I absolutely love the look of these chams! Is she really tiny?

This does not surprise me as i knew she was gravid regardless of what that vet told your friend. I really hope she is ok and the eggs will hatch for you. I have been working with chameleons since 1987 and have apprenticed with one of the best reptile vets on the East Coast and worked in several Zoos exclusively with Chameleons and Leaf geckos. I shipped another chameleon several months ago that was gravid and told that she wasn't by their vet and "lo and behold " she was and laid a wonderful clutch of eggs for them. I am a clinical pharmacist and am also very lucky to have several physicians and researchers that i am able to contact about in regards to medications and disease states. Why do i go on about this, because when i state a chameleon is gravid she is , LOL, practical experience and careful observation has proven to be more effective than vets with little reptile experience. Feel free to contact me if i can be of any help to you . I have found Campani to be extremely hardy but need high humidity and lots of water to drink. Offer her house flies and a continuous supply of fruit flies. She will do well for you and perhaps even double clutch. I miss that girl as she was one of my favorites. Best of luck with her. Slainte' Ruth Croghan R.Ph.

This does not surprise me as i knew she was gravid regardless of what that vet told your friend. I really hope she is ok and the eggs will hatch for you. I have been working with chameleons since 1987 and have apprenticed with one of the best reptile vets on the East Coast and worked in several Zoos exclusively with Chameleons and Leaf geckos. I shipped another chameleon several months ago that was gravid and told that she wasn't by their vet and "lo and behold " she was and laid a wonderful clutch of eggs for them. I am a clinical pharmacist and am also very lucky to have several physicians and researchers that i am able to contact about in regards to medications and disease states. Why do i go on about this, because when i state a chameleon is gravid she is , LOL, practical experience and careful observation has proven to be more effective than vets with little reptile experience. Feel free to contact me if i can be of any help to you . I have found Campani to be extremely hardy but need high humidity and lots of water to drink. Offer her house flies and a continuous supply of fruit flies. She will do well for you and perhaps even double clutch. I miss that girl as she was one of my favorites. Best of luck with her. Slainte' Ruth Croghan R.Ph.

I don't think she read the book- lol - she "went over" her due date, and showed no signs of acting like she wanted to lay- but it figures - lol I am still glad we drove down to get her tho- my daughter ( and myself) so enjoyed meeting your dogs, they are so beautiful, and HUGE - :) I sure hope your female will be having puppies, I would love to see a pic of them, and my daughter has not stopped telling everyone about your wonderful dogs

What is this bussines of "retired moderator"? Who is going to bail me out now?? Ha! Keep an eye on those eggs and let us now when they hatch.

Oh wow! I'm glad that she is doing well so far. I have to agree with the others though, be extra vigilant about retained eggs! If she were mine, I would go in for an X-ray after a few days of settling in.

I don't think she read the book- lol - she "went over" her due date, and showed no signs of acting like she wanted to lay- but it figures - lol I am still glad we drove down to get her tho- my daughter ( and myself) so enjoyed meeting your dogs, they are so beautiful, and HUGE - :) I sure hope your female will be having puppies, I would love to see a pic of them, and my daughter has not stopped telling everyone about your wonderful dogs

I had a panther take well over 60 days to lay from the time she mated, and over 55 since she showed gravid coloration for the first time. I also had a pygmy come to me gravid and took almost 2 months to lay. I could feel the egg from the day I got her, and she ended up only laying one very huge (nearly nickel sized, and much bigger than the eggs this campani laid) egg. (I can't imagine how much it must have hurt to have THAT size of an egg come out of her, or how she even got it out at all!) Now, I don't care what the general consensus is, if I am pretty darn sure a female is gravid, I will wait as long as I need to for her to lay or take her into the vet for definitive proof (x-rays generally.) Thankfully I haven't had any others that have made me worry quite like those two.

Congrats, Laurie! You are now a Campani mom!

By the way, what is a "retired moderator"?

What is this bussines of "retired moderator"? Who is going to bail me out now?? Ha! Keep an eye on those eggs and let us now when they hatch.

Just to get the two of you up to speed, a retired moderator is a person (me) who was a moderator but retired and is no longer a moderator. What is tells the world is I an just like all of you, sorry but I can't move your threads, or fix your titles or any of that stuff. I can only do the same things you can do.

Brad and I talked and I want to stay a part of the forum, but want to spend the amount of time I have being with all of you, instead of administrative stuff.

I am still here for pm's if I can help, but I am not here for mod problems. But we have some mods out there who will all help you, but you need to ask.

Congrats Laurie. Must have been quite the surprise! The eggs are so small, like a pygmy's! Good luck with the mom and the eggs!:D

Back
Top Bottom