omg plz help

ashley9333

ok my veiled chameleon just ate crickets and her tonge is hanging out and wont go in what do i do will she died

Get her to a good reptile vet now. Her tongue will probably have to be amputated. She could still live a fairly normal life other than you may have to hand feed.

Do you have a good vet? Where do you live? Someone here might can recommend a good cham vet.

chameleons are susceptible to over extension of their tongues, ive read online to put her in a comfortably small container with moist paper towels on the bottom so their tongue wont dry out until you can get them to a vet. usually they will heal and retract on their own if kept in the right conditions, but bring to a vet asap.

Can you explain to us in a little more detail what happened? Is it just dangling out of her mouth?

But yea, a good reptile vet is of the essence. Usually if you get to the vet early enough you may be able to save the tongue from further injury with anti-inflammatory medicine.

i had a sililar thing happen once it was like my guy forgot he shot his tounge and didnt bring it back in, i paniked alittle ( as i have a cham who lost his tounge ) and was affraid he would close his mouth and bite it off so i just touched it very gently with my finger and he instantly retracted it.
but if she isnt taking it back in, as said look for a good vet and keep the tounge moist
jmo

ok i use a cup to put crickets in so i can dust them i only dusted them with multivitamin she ate about 4 out of my cup then one got out she went after it her tongue did not come out so she was running after it he then flicked her tongue out and it came out dangling. and would not go back in then she kinda ran down her cage after her tongue trying to pull it in. she got a little bit in then opened her mouth it came back out a little then she pull it in a little bit more and so she had the fat part of the tongue with maybe a 1/4in hanging out after the fat part her tongue is in now but this went on for 3-5 mins. she looks really stress she is currently posted on a branch looks bloated but has tracked and eaten 2 more crickets since getting her tongue back in. shes very dark in color

I would not feed her anything else for a couple days and allow her tongue to rest and heal. I hope it will stay in. Do you have a cham vet incase it doesn't?

what suppliments are u using and what is the sched, also i would take a look in the health section and fill out the how to ask for help form.

If its gone back in ok by itself then I agree with Jannb, don't feed her anything for a couple of days......... I hope it stays ok, how old is she?

Back
Top Bottom