Omg...omg...omg

crocky

I am so excited!!!! Waldo finally let me hold him. Now he was none too happy about it or at least he did not want me to think he was. He did not want to go back in the cage so maybe he liked it more than he wanted to lead me to believe :D. He stayed puffed up to make sure I knew how big he was and of course to make sure I knew he was the boss.

He was on his mini free range and it was getting late and I did not want him sleeping up there so I put my hand by him and under his feet and after about 10 minutes and my arm nearly falling off he committed.

I sat with him for about 15 minutes until I put him back in his enclosure. He did not want to go back and held onto me for a good while. So maybe, just maybe we are getting somewhere :D

Did I say how excited I was.....LOL
I also posted a pic of him on his free range in his growth journal thread in the link below, as he was looking pretty good this afternoon https://www.chameleonforums.com/waldos-growth-journal-99806/index2.html

Anyway here are a couple of pics Sandy took
a4d4846b685be254ab2a1f563f0e0d1a.jpg

6f81d95084a26491fb05a7ac79acdf8e.jpg

b562e142627c214a2585872919e6906a.jpg

this is always a fantastic step!
good job by you!
Thank you, I was pretty excited, have I mentioned that yet....LOL

Here was a pic of him before chilling on his branch leading to his free range then of course you see the pics i just posted of him a little pissed. When I can hold him and he looks like this then that will be my next step :). I know I posted this in his growth thread but it was worthy of being posted again. Gosh I love this little moody booger!
3fe621e7ac20c6dee21f5708c6d475d2.jpg

I am just amazed at the color changes with these guys and their moods

Har!

Good for you, this is a great triumph for any cham owner I envy you greatly, I hope you guys have a long and prosperous relationship, best of luck, Frederick :D
It's sad to see so many famous quotes about all types of animals, yet so few about our scaly friends.

Thanks all! I was stoked and just wanted to share. I am going to keep working on it knowing it may not happen again right away and that's ok, atleast I know I have made a little lead way.

Congrats - that's such an awesome feeling, isn't it? Continue what you are doing, and pretty soon he'll calmly walk onto you! :D

Wow! congrats :D
That is such a great feeling.

That's also the best way to get your cham to climb on you the first time, when they are out of the cage, free ranging.
That's what I have been trying to get Smidget to do, come out of his cage.
But so far, he just isnt ready and doesnt feel secure enough to come out.

I did finally get him to eat out of my hand a few times, but I could tell he didnt like the idea very much!! :rolleyes:

Congrats, that is one beautiful boy you have walking on your are. He may be deciding you are not going to eat him.:eek: He may get more and more comfortable with you now.

Good for you!....how much fun that is when they will let you hold them!.....he does look a little PO'ed but he also looks fantastic!

Congrats on your progress befriending little Waldo.

He is a stunner! I love the colors and patterns on his face and around his eyes. All of his coloration is so striking!

I am looking forward to watching this little guy grow up~!

Thanks all for sharing in my excitement! Today I was not so lucky but that is ok. I will try again this weekend :D

Dang Cammie.... How did I miss this???? That is soooo awesome and a great first step!!! I'm sooo happy for you, it's great to be able to hold the, especially when they want you to! Next time you get him on your hand offer him a worm, let him start associating your hand as a good thing, adorned with yummies!!!!

He sure was nice and fired up. Very pretty cham.

Nice work.

Dang Cammie.... How did I miss this???? That is soooo awesome and a great first step!!! I'm sooo happy for you, it's great to be able to hold the, especially when they want you to! Next time you get him on your hand offer him a worm, let him start associating your hand as a good thing, adorned with yummies!!!!

That is awesome. You are being so patient and it is paying off. How exciting.

Thanks all! Lisa I will try the worm next time ( hoping there is a next time :) ). I was so excited that I felt like I did not want to move a muscle....LOL

Back
Top Bottom