Omg I'm in love

I got my very first delivery of dubias today and when I tell you I was mildly disgusted. 🤣 I very much wanted to keep them in the tiny container they came in and never let them out. They're in a larger tote now and I'm terrified they're gonna get out and infest my apartment.

Good luck getting dubia to infest your house lol. That's almost like expecting sugar ants to carve the wood out of your house like a carpenter ant colony would.

I don’t know about this cockroach keeping stuff. They are creepy to my. I was trying to take the paper plate of their day old food out of their bin to put in a fresh one and they were in the plate hiding in the old food and under the plate hanging on and it was a mess trying to not let them get out of the bin! They don’t climb plastic walls but you have to be so careful there aren’t any on your hands or on whatever you’re taking out! One of the big ones got on my hand and it felt creepy walking on me!:oops:

Lol ive had adult males on my clothes before after a collection day. I think it was on me for almost an hour. I really dont notice them much.

Today they get more squash, sweet potato, baby mustard greens, arugula and some gutload

I had a dream the other night that my wife knocked over my roach bin, (I mean my tropical beetle bin, lol) and she ran out of the house screaming. I hope that nightmare never comes true.

You call them tropical beetles too?

Great minds think alike. My ivory and orange head palm beetles are awesome. :p

The plain tropical beetles are impressive as well, sadly my other two species are a bit too obvious to obfuscate in such a manner.

I had a dream the other night that my wife knocked over my roach bin, (I mean my tropical beetle bin, lol) and she ran out of the house screaming. I hope that nightmare never comes true.
Wife running away? Sounds like a dream to me. 😆 kidding

I had 200 red runners get opened up by my cat(was shipping them out). Nearly got divorced from that lmao. They all died very fast though, between the cats and just drying out or whatever.

I also put my shoe on one time to a monstrous hisser being inside it(escaped when I sold off one of my colonies... putting them in containers can be tricky since they climb smooth surfaces)

No, I wasn’t being sarcastic, just asking.
Ok I have apparently had a hard time read tone today is all XD lol. Naw dubia can't infest like James said. When my bin got overturned I never found all my roaches though a lot of them I did. Those I didn't find ended up being found dead or became spider chow.

I didn't say it was a logical fear lol. And I just meant more along the lines of just scurrying around. 😅
Same fear. I have to order more & I made a note asking to put all bugs in containers cause I don't want any surprises lmao

I end up buying bulk shoppung containers of various types depending on the insect along with heatpacks for winter shipping

Back
Top Bottom