Omg I'm in love

Andee

Chameleon Enthusiast
Thank you so much @jamest0o0 i am so in love with my new little gems. They were such a nice thing to open up today and fuss over. Every has been spoiled with a heavy misting and some squash and sweet potato. Gut load is being made tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210728_143444.jpg
    20210728_143444.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 106
  • 20210728_143900.jpg
    20210728_143900.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210728_144121.jpg
    20210728_144121.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 111
I only will have like 6 species as pet only but they arent gonna be roaches or anything. Some millipedes and jumping spiders. Everything else i will raise will be fair game

Ah the Roth's surprised me at first with how spikey their legs were. Accidentally dropped one in surprise but the one im holding was after the initial shock lol.
LOL I love how your holding them with such tenderness. When James sent me dubia. I was screaming and shaking them out into another bin :hilarious: Now I was newer to roaches then but I still don't hold them they give me the chills.
I think ive always been this way though. Lol i love my roaches so much, i love handling them as long as they arent stressed

Ah the Roth's surprised me at first with how spikey their legs were. Accidentally dropped one in surprise but the one im holding was after the initial shock lol.

I think ive always been this way though. Lol i love my roaches so much, i love handling them as long as they arent stressed
I like the little dubias. But once they get up over an inch in length the males remind me too much of Palmetto bug. Nothing worse then one of those landing in your long hair as a child. :LOL:

Aren't palmettos from the south? I have had some.june bug beetles do similar but palmettos are massive if i remember correctly

So glad everything arrived healthy!

Palmetto bugs are just the southern way of saying pest species cockroach lol. I was always picking up snakes, spiders, centipedes, etc as a kid. Took me a little to get used to cockroaches when I got back into the hobby, but got over the fear. Pick mine up all the time now. I love holding the giant peppered roaches.

How can you stand to feed them to chameleons?😯
I'm like this sometimes now even... I feel bad. The colonies live on and thrive though at least. What really bothers me is when I ship bugs to careless people and they leave them outside to fry or freeze. And/or when they don't realize they are ordering a less common species and try to keep them the same as dubia. I can honestly say, the bugs going to waste and dying bothers me more than the loss of money. M I was very happy to send these to @Andee as I'm sure they'll thrive with her and these all make nice feeders/pets too.

I got my very first delivery of dubias today and when I tell you I was mildly disgusted. 🤣 I very much wanted to keep them in the tiny container they came in and never let them out. They're in a larger tote now and I'm terrified they're gonna get out and infest my apartment.

They really do >.> might use it for my plants when they start working my stuff down and sift out nymphs/cleaner crew etc
Oh I do! And this has been my best year for plants, they are thriving. I add dirt from a lot of my bins to the top layer. I have a bug compost bin in the bug room with a bunch of millipedes, springtails, isopods, some roaches, etc.

I toss in anything that can decompose.... dead bugs, rotten food, etc.

Back
Top Bottom