OMG Fedex

camimom

So I shipped out my last veiled baby last night.

I used ship your reptiles and then took him off to fedex.

He was to arrive at 10:30 Am this morning.

He didn't get delivered until almost 3 PM.

After calling FedEx 3times, and SYR several times... we finally found the issue.

He was put on the wrong truck.

FedEx told Brad at SYR the package was on the wrong truck, but that the recipient and the driver were going to meet up to get him delievered.

The recipient, never received such a call, wasn't even aware of the truck issue until I told him.

After countless phone calls, a hang up or two, and FedEx basically lying to both SYR and the recipient, he was finally delivered, cold, but alive.

FedEx Lies:
Driver came by at 10:30 no one was home.
Recipient is meeting with the driver.
its not on the wrong truck.

When the recipient spoke with fedex they said well since its on the wrong truck, you can come pick up the package tomorrow.

I just want to give a shout out to Brad at SYR for helping me with this! You were awesome and both I and the recipient appreciate it!

As for the cham, hes been through the ringer, but he'll be ok.

After having shipped 20+ chams in the last year, I have no once had this big an issue. Stupid FedEx.

I hope something like this never happens to me, glad it got worked out!

I do know that while Priority Overnight says guaranteed by 10:30am, that is only to certain areas too. I had one shipped to a home and their area was 3pm delivery time, even with Priority overnight.

I hope something like this never happens to me, glad it got worked out!

I do know that while Priority Overnight says guaranteed by 10:30am, that is only to certain areas too. I had one shipped to a home and their area was 3pm delivery time, even with Priority overnight.

Yea ive had that too. but this area was not one of those.

They used to have a policy that the shipping was free if not delivered on time. I'm not sure if they still do that, but i filed numerous claims back in the day and was able to recover many of the buyers shipping costs and return it to them.

They used to have a policy that the shipping was free if not delivered on time. I'm not sure if they still do that, but i filed numerous claims back in the day and was able to recover many of the buyers shipping costs and return it to them.

SYR still does that.

Im more pissed about what fedex did than the money.

FedEx Lies:
Driver came by at 10:30 no one was home.

they did that to me too- the driver said I was not home - I had sat on my porch ALL AM - he LEFT the cham at the WRONG house over 5 miles away - not even close to my addy - the only reason he did not spend the whole day there is the home owner who thank God was home, chased him down their drive way, and told him that was not even the correct addy - but not much choice for shipping :( and I also was helped by SYR - they are GREAT !! Fedex.....not so much

Let me first say that i am an ups guy. i loathe fedex. however, one of chams was on a plane that was late landing due to weather. i called the fedex distribution location. lady said no problem she would hold for p/up rather than deliver tomorrow. she kept it in her personal office, right side up, & cut her heater on. she even commented on their not being holes in the box for air. sometimes, there is a decent human being out there. just need luck.

OK, this isn't about FedEx, but an airline. I have shipped quite a few critters on Alaska Airlines either as cargo or as baggage. A few times there were problems with missed connections or weather, but every time some kind employee took the initiative, handled it and called me to let me know. I have to say they have always been great about getting the box into an office for the night if necessary, keeping it off trucks or out of the weather, always tracking it along the way, and notifying me if anything looked like a problem. One time a seller shipped a wild bird to me that would need an overnight in Seattle because the layover period wasn't long enough. Out of the blue they called to ask if I wanted to change the connection flight because they could beat the required layover. They would hand carry the crate to make the earlier flight!

I had to ship my beloved Malaysian leaf frog group to an aquarium in VA in December. Not a great time to to it, but we didn't have much choice. The shipping agent realized there would be a connection problem and went ahead and changed their flights before it happened. Then she called me to explain the change. That's just great care and concern to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom