Old bio active setup

Byron18

Just a quick question, what do I do with my old setup. It has springtails in and I assume isopods (a few most likely eaten by my cham). There’s a live plant in there, I forgot which one it is but I’m looking to repot it and I’m not sure what to do with the clean up crew. Anyone have any ideas? I’m not keeping the terrarium but I do have a small plastic greenhouse tub for saplings etc. it does have air holes in from previous occupants but I can cover these with a mesh or similar. Thanks.

Just a quick question, what do I do with my old setup. It has springtails in and I assume isopods (a few most likely eaten by my cham). There’s a live plant in there, I forgot which one it is but I’m looking to repot it and I’m not sure what to do with the clean up crew. Anyone have any ideas? I’m not keeping the terrarium but I do have a small plastic greenhouse tub for saplings etc. it does have air holes in from previous occupants but I can cover these with a mesh or similar. Thanks.
Did your girl die? You could probably keep the cleaners in a plastic tub, so long as you feed them and keep it moist. I’d move the substrate and bugs first, as the plant likely has lots of roots going through the soil/drainage divider.

Did your girl die? You could probably keep the cleaners in a plastic tub, so long as you feed them and keep it moist. I’d move the substrate and bugs first, as the plant likely has lots of roots going through the soil/drainage divider.
Yes unfortunately she did. I will move the cleaners first, though I will have little use for them as I don’t plan to have another pet for a while. What could I do with them after that? I’m not sure about releasing them because I don’t know if the springs are native to the UK, there are isopods but I got a tropical kind so again I don’t want to start some kind of invasive outbreak. I think I will repot the plant. I could use the substrate in the plant pot but then the crew could escape and I’m not sure what damage they could do.

Yes unfortunately she did. I will move the cleaners first, though I will have little use for them as I don’t plan to have another pet for a while. What could I do with them after that? I’m not sure about releasing them because I don’t know if the springs are native to the UK, there are isopods but I got a tropical kind so again I don’t want to start some kind of invasive outbreak. I think I will repot the plant. I could use the substrate in the plant pot but then the crew could escape and I’m not sure what damage they could do.
You might be able to sell or give away the isopods to another keeper, especially if it’s an uncommon type.

Sorry your girl passed. :(
You might try asking around at your local reptile shops or post an ad to either sell or give away your clean up crew.

Back
Top Bottom