Okay so I think I helped him out ?

Okay so the reason I believe Apollo is staying up is because I don’t think I provided enough foliage I think I fixed or helped I need to continue to add but how’s this ? I have this fake fine too wrap around the green thing as well should I do that ?

Attachments

• 4FFA6632-B9FD-4AFE-B5AE-3A1B03BC00E3.jpeg
    4FFA6632-B9FD-4AFE-B5AE-3A1B03BC00E3.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 9127283A-6D03-4BA1-B503-13BAC3BEF101.jpeg
    9127283A-6D03-4BA1-B503-13BAC3BEF101.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 50
You could go outside and scavenge some sticks and branches. Just avoid pine or other fir trees. Oak is safe. Give them a wash with soapy water, a good blast from the hose and let dry. Try to avoid artificial plants as veileds nibble leaves and can get impacted if they eat a fake one.

I see you are use all cane trees/dracena.. dracaena isnt the best because it doesn't really give climbing opportunity. The leaves are big and flat, no really branches.

As @MissSkittles said you could go outside and get some sticks and branches from there.

I would get something like pothos, ficus, schefflera, hibiscus (though they have a very high light requirement) etc etc.

I am surprised no one is concerned about the baby sticking its head through... That would worry me if it managed to get stuck...

You have already been told that many more branches are needed which is true.

As far as staying up. What do you mean by that?

Okay I’m sorry about the branches the two petsores near me don’t have any branches and sell out very quickly (petco and PetSmart ) I got the rods for him so he could climb those , I’m trying to convince my parents to let me get some sticks and cook them I will hopefully have some today he’s drank water today and what I mean is he is only on the top of his cage he goes up there instead of any leaves or anything he ate 10 crickets yesterday and hasn’t got any today his poop was little watery and brown , and he’s no longer sticking his head in the wire

update he can climb string very good climbers , he ate a cricket and has went to the trees !!!!!! Let’s just hope he stays there he has been sleepy which is a bad sign he’s fully awake rn at least

You don’t need to cook or bake branches. Just give a good wash outside with some dish soap and hose them down well. Super easy, always available and free!

He got a drink and went here to sleep I’m gonna stop moving around my room so much and see what he does his eyes are closed and is napping again. And okay I will wash some branches down and get him some more climbing stuff I’m gonna leave him completely alone for a couple of hours (so basically I’m gonna just stop moving around ) then I’ll add some branches :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 45
He got a drink and went here to sleep I’m gonna stop moving around my room so much and see what he does his eyes are closed and is napping again. And okay I will wash some branches down and get him some more climbing stuff I’m gonna leave him completely alone for a couple of hours (so basically I’m gonna just stop moving around ) then I’ll add some branches :)
Ok so I am very concerned he is sleeping so much. This is not normal or a sign of a healthy chameleon. They should not sleep during the day.

So do you have any lights on in your room at night? They need total darkness at night.

He had 12 hours of complete darkness I followed your video to the teeth on that. I called the breeder and he said the first day the stress from shipping will make him sleep and told me to call him Monday and let him know how it’s going he seems like a nice guy. Could he be squinting? Cause I watched him earlier and his eyes where moving while shut. Maybe he’s still stressed ?

In your sleeping video you said his tail would curl up and earlier when he was sleeping it did curl so maybe he’s just super tired ? He ate one cricket he ate 10 or 11 yesterday is that okay he drank a good bit today

Not my video... That is @Gingero that has all the videos...

To me it does not sound normal at all. And for them to say he would sleep due to shipping is very odd. They sleep while they are being shipped because they are in a dark container.

While the cage still needs improvement and could be adding more stress... Something is off for him to be shutting down and sleeping during daylight hours. That is a sign of a health issue and can also be a stress response. If he does not start staying awake during the day then I would be very concerned.

I am concerned , sorry for mixing up the names. And the I’m working on the cage I’m sorry he’s using the stuff to climb now and when he’s up he moves a bit and doesn’t act sick

I am concerned , sorry for mixing up the names. And the I’m working on the cage I’m sorry he’s using the stuff to climb now and when he’s up he moves a bit and doesn’t act sick
I understand that. The worry here is that this is not normal behavior for a healthy baby. Sleeping is most typically a sign of a health issue. It would be one thing if you left a light on in the room last night and it disrupted his sleep but since it was totally dark that is concerning to me.

They do not sleep during the day because that would make them an easy target for a predator. This is genetically wired into them. So for him to be doing this something is not right.

Does the breeder do fecals prior to shipping them?

He’s darkened up like he’s basking a dark brown rn he slept upside down last night which I was told is normal could he be tired from that and the times I got up late last night he moved a couple of times

And also my tv wouldn’t have bothered him that much there was no sound last night and it may have been on an hour after his lights where off but across the room and my chair and myself would have blocked most of the light if any light was there

There is really nothing more I can tell you hun. It could be a stress response because the cage is not set up the best it could be. It could also be a sign of illness. Leave him alone today.

And yes light from TV, any light in the room can disrupt their sleeping. You can get a black out curtain to cover the sides of the cage while you are up and his lights are off.

Back
Top Bottom