ok, this is just going to far..I am picking my new furniture

little leaf

Avid Member
based on how well my chameleons can stick to it :p I have never bought a new couch, and last night we went shopping- (if my husband see's this post he would NOT be happy knowing my choice was based on chameleon toe nails :p - good thing he does not use a comp/ :rolleyes: ) the couch HE really liked, I did too- but it has leather arm parts- in the back of my mind- I was thinking - " AHH - my cham can not grasp this, and fall :eek: " :p so we settled for the 2nd runner up ( I only picked this one because it has 100% grippe cloth all the way around - LOL ) but I like the couch too- and really - I do HATE leather furniture - its always to cold in the winter !
Here is Capone "test driving" the new couch :p

Last edited:
You've joined the dark side! ;)
My last two apartments I chose specifically because they were great to keep chameleons in. And my next one will probably be the same thing! lol And when it's time to buy a house it'll probably also be heavily influenced by the dogs' and chameleons' needs.

But no chameleons on my couches normally, I draw the line at someone pooping on my white Pottery Barn sofas!

Ah Cheryl you are hooked! I have furniture my chams could climb on, but it is in a room where my dogs are. Not even with me there will I have a cham in the room with two dogs that need to check everything in their sight. It is all I can do to keep them away on the rare days my chams get to go outside.

Next we will need to see pictures of the babies on the sofa. I know they live outside 24/7 but I never see baby pictures so bring those little green creatures inside.:)

Haha! That's too funny!! That's a very nice living room and the couches looks great in it. My couches are leather and I hate that my cham can't climb them but he tries his hardest. But they are comfy!

I don't know if you guys are giving your chameleons enough credit. I have two chairs with slippery wood arms and leather backs and seats. Phineas is on them at least twice a month. He also enjoys the kitchen counter, stove, and flat screen TV - where there is nothing to grasp! I used to put vines everywhere for him, but I need to claim SOME territory for myself! I think he just purposely wanders where there aren't any vines to see how many I'll put up! Or to make me more anxiety-ridden about his safety!

Deb

Deb, I know what you mean! I don't know what the draw is to the TV, but this was an every day occurrence.

wlr9.jpg

HA! Yes, Olimpia! That's exactly what it looks like! Too funny, aren't they?

Last edited:
LOL -Olimpia & d3s5 , those pics are to funny - that is what he is like too- while I was posting my original post, he was zipping across the top of my lap top :p he is worse about getting in/ on to stuff than any of my kids ever were- lol
d3s5, I want to see the rest of your zebra clock !!! :D

not much work getting done ever since the new couch came to town - my husband and both kids are sleeping on it- and its only 9pm here- :rolleyes: :p

Greatness! But I can guarantee you that he would have no problems climbing leather furniture! You'll just have lil claw/scuff marks all over it!! :eek:

Hehe... im building a new house now for my wife. Secretly though, im designing one room to be chameleonized. Outlets on the ceiling, hardy backer for water, extra beams for studs and hanging. Just dont tell the wife, I want a jungle room! She already has a kitchen. A mans perspective.

OP use corduroy. Its soft and easy on chams paws.

Hehe... im building a new house now for my wife. Secretly though, im designing one room to be chameleonized. Outlets on the ceiling, hardy backer for water, extra beams for studs and hanging.

Sounds excellent.

You should go ahead and incorporate appropriate plumbing also!

Im a bit curious as to why your chameleons are on the furniture?:confused:

You people...I swear...:p

LOL -Olimpia & d3s5 , those pics are to funny - that is what he is like too- while I was posting my original post, he was zipping across the top of my lap top :p he is worse about getting in/ on to stuff than any of my kids ever were- lol
d3s5, I want to see the rest of your zebra clock !!! :D

not much work getting done ever since the new couch came to town - my husband and both kids are sleeping on it- and its only 9pm here- :rolleyes: :p

Well here's the zebra clock before someone knocked its tongue off. ( Okay, I did it. But it was an accident.)

Deb

Hehe... im building a new house now for my wife. Secretly though, im designing one room to be chameleonized. Outlets on the ceiling, hardy backer for water, extra beams for studs and hanging. Just dont tell the wife, I want a jungle room! She already has a kitchen. A mans perspective.

OP use corduroy. Its soft and easy on chams paws.

ok, I wont tell you wife about your room, if you dont tell my hubby about the couch :eek: :p - but SS is right, dont forget the plumbing !!! ;)

Im a bit curious as to why your chameleons are on the furniture?:confused:
:eek: WHAT - I thought it was CHAMELEON LAW that you must let them lose for at least 5 hrs a day to raise hell in the house !! :p ;)

Well here's the zebra clock before someone knocked its tongue off. ( Okay, I did it. But it was an accident.)

Deb

HA !!! I LOVE IT :D My husband wanted to bring home a 7' Giraffe he saw at the store yesterday, the fist thing I asked him - " did they have a zebra?" THEY DO !! :rolleyes: we almost bought a REAL zebra, but got outbid -thank God! what were we thinking ? :eek: it was going to be my wedding gift :p

Never heard about buying furniture to accommodate the chams before, but it does seem to make sense and that piece of furniture is beautiful and so is Capone!

Never heard about buying furniture to accommodate the chams before, but it does seem to make sense and that piece of furniture is beautiful and so is Capone!

awww :D thanks - he really is getting some nice color on him now- really blue, and purplish - yellow on his belly,chest and legs- LOL - I dont think he knows what to make what color - so he trying on all the colors :p

Back
Top Bottom