oh no..

calliechem

my sister accidentally dropped all the water from the water dripper into pascals terrarium & so the floor is flooded & some how all of the crickets escaped (not really sure how) but they're all over my room. how can I corral them all up. there's about 16-20 all over my bedroom.

my sister accidentally dropped all the water from the water dripper into pascals terrarium & so the floor is flooded & some how all of the crickets escaped (not really sure how) but they're all over my room. how can I corral them all up. there's about 16-20 all over my bedroom.

Lol, 16-20 is manageable. Wait until hundreds are released to terrorize you for weeks....chirping in corners.....climbing your walls........dying in your carpet........Awwww:eek:

If I knew it was only 16-20...I would just try to catch them. I've realized over the years that crickets love to drown themselves, so if you will put a large bowl of water in the middle of your room, you will have some floaters every morning.

Plus, I'm a little fortunate in this category, because where I'm at in Texas we have loads of Mediterranean Geckos that are EVERYWHERE!!! So they help munch up the escapees!!

Not to belittle your circumstances but.... 20 crickets??? Bwahahahahaha! Wait until you trip going up the stairs carrying an open box of hundreds of crickets! :D

If you can't catch them, get some sticky traps from the hardware store, they do wonders.

id just try to catch them.. worst cricket problem ive had was just 1 got out and i found it the next day on the ceiling.

Haha same advice here but I'll add an extra tip...if it were any more crickets loose I'd cover the heater vent (assuming you're in an area requiring a furnace in winter) and put a heat mat in the middle of the room. Turn the lights out for a few hours and the crickets will migrate toward the mat. Catch as many as you can when you come back in! It's like jacks...if anyone alive remembers that game.

Not to belittle your circumstances but.... 20 crickets??? Bwahahahahaha! Wait until you trip going up the stairs carrying an open box of hundreds of crickets! :D

If you can't catch them, get some sticky traps from the hardware store, they do wonders.
it's a lot for a 16 year old girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I guess it could be worse. your story made it a little better

Crickets don't even touch the floor in my house.

My two manx cats LOVE crickets. They follow me out every morning to the "cricket bin" and wait for me to put all the crickets into Tigers cage.

They sit at the bottom waiting intensely for anything to wiggle or jump, when they see a cricket falling they charge like a shark springing into the air for a seal.

Numerous times have I come home and found the cats INSIDE the cricket bin eating as many crickets as they could LOL!

The guilty party...
image.jpg

Crickets don't even touch the floor in my house.

My two manx cats LOVE crickets. They follow me out every morning to the "cricket bin" and wait for me to put all the crickets into Tigers cage.

They sit at the bottom waiting intensely for anything to wiggle or jump, when they see a cricket falling they charge like a shark springing into the air for a seal.

Numerous times have I come home and found the cats INSIDE the cricket bin eating as many crickets as they could LOL!

The guilty party...
View attachment 150439
I'm hoping this is what I will notice today. I've got a cat at home & he loves bugs. so I put him in my room and I'm hoping he ate what he could find.

our panther tipped over a container with 3 large dubias...I've managed to find one on the ground, but the two remaining buggers are MIA of course...considering how crafty they are in hiding, my chances of catching them are slim :mad:

Back
Top Bottom