odd spot

Any ideas on what this spot may be? I've never seen it before. I plan on taking him (Muhammad) to the vet this week to get it checked, but it's always nice to see what others think.

-Anthony

Attachments

• IMAG0211.jpg
    IMAG0211.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 183
  • IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMAG0220.jpg
    IMAG0220.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0213.jpg
    IMAG0213.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 158
It would be tough to get a burn there, but it could be a bruise. Mine get them every once in a while from just hitting a branch or something like that. That would be my guess, but I could be wrong. It's tough to say without seeing him in person.

If I saw that on a person, I would suspect a fungal infection or a parasite.

I think you're well advised to be taking him to the vet.

It is most likely fungal. I had this happen to my Panther, Steve. Be sure his cage dries out well between mistings and keep an eye on humidity. If you have some silvidine you could put some on his skin.

I figured it was probably a fungal infection. I just don't see how. His cage dries out between mistings, I am positive. I'll take him to the vet and see what they say. Unless there are any other suggestions?

For anyone that may stumble across this post five years later... I used a minimal strength Cortisone cream on my buddy applied twice daily via q-tip. The vet I took him to suggested this under the pretense that this was a fungal infection.

For anyone that may stumble across this post five years later... I used a minimal strength Cortisone cream on my buddy applied twice daily via q-tip. The vet I took him to suggested this under the pretense that this was a fungal infection.

So, it worked? I didn't know Cortisone would affect a fungal infection. But, unless testing diagnosed a fungal who really knows what it was.

Back
Top Bottom