Occasionally lurking, always snacking.

Lathis

Chameleon Enthusiast
Bucky is going great - he's was a grasshopper for Halloween. He hated it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221031_185151349 (1).jpg
    PXL_20221031_185151349 (1).jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20221009_174444694.jpg
    PXL_20221009_174444694.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 61
Not to be a dick, I don’t care if someone puts something on a Cham and gets a quick pic, but posting my .2 cents for newbs that might be seeing this thinking they’re going to buy a Cham and dress it up regularly…

It’s a quick picture by the OP I’m assuming(which I have no issue with). It’d be very upsetting and stressful for a Cham to have something attached to it. Those are angry/scared parson’s colors in the picture(no judgement from me, that’s the colors we see in most Cham pictures, just saying). I bet they didn’t leave this on for a long time. Having something attached to the back/head triggers a panic response in most animals. Think about where most predators would be grabbing them.

Once again, no offense meant to OP. I’m sure they’re a great keeper. Just posting this for people that might not know better and think it’d be a good idea to do this all the time. Doesn’t take long to find all of the BS things people do with chams on social media as it is.

Not to be a dick, I don’t care if someone puts something on a Cham and gets a quick pic, but posting my .2 cents for newbs that might be seeing this thinking they’re going to buy a Cham and dress it up regularly…

It’s a quick picture by the OP I’m assuming(which I have no issue with). It’d be very upsetting and stressful for a Cham to have something attached to it. Those are angry/scared parson’s colors in the picture(no judgement from me, that’s the colors we see in most Cham pictures, just saying). I bet they didn’t leave this on for a long time. Having something attached to the back/head triggers a panic response in most animals. Think about where most predators would be grabbing them.

Once again, no offense meant to OP. I’m sure they’re a great keeper. Just posting this for people that might not know better and think it’d be a good idea to do this all the time. Doesn’t take long to find all of the BS things people do with chams on social media as it is.
I've had my Parsons for six years. I do know his moods and respect his boundaries. Those are his normal colors.

If he were temperamental by nature, I would not bother him. He is well acclimated to being handled and very mellow tempered. I'm lucky Bucky is so gentle. It's important to know your cham, and honestly, to respect all animals' boundaries.

I'll admit I had a knee jerk reaction, but honestly, I don't take offense to your post. There is a lot of BS that floats around on the internet.

Back
Top Bottom