nother newbie

kodycorduan

Hey guys,
New to the site so I thought I'd say hello. Ok, here it goes.....
Hello.

Anyways, I've got a flap neck, about four inches nose to vent. He eats like a champ and seems to be loving life. We (me and my wife) rescued him from a couple who just couldn't take care of it.

So I attached a couple pics of Kiwi.

very best,
Kody
chameleon.jpg

chameleon2.jpg

Ha love the top pick how old is he? Also can you upload beter picture of the enclosure are you new to keeping chameleons???

I don't believe that is a flapneck. Either a graceful or Senegal and I think a female also, not a male. Hopefully some others can chime in. Start a new thread in the general discussion forum, not the lizard lounge and ask for help sexing and species ID. Flapnecks, have just that: flaps on the back of their head. From what I have read some flapnecks have tarsal spurs on their back feet which would signify that yours was a male(this is a sex identifier on veild chameleons) but some may not. So not 100% sure on the sex.Like I said start a new thread. Not a lot of people see the lizard lounge threads as they don't get bumped up to the top like some of the others. You won't be able to attach the same pics again so you can start a thread in general discussion and link this one. BTW welcome to the forums. Good of you to take on the little one and don't worry we will get you squared a way. edit: here is a link for you to read about your chameleon on its care. I think it is a Senegal and a female
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Yes, it is definitely a Senegal, my mistake. I'll post some pics of the cage on the regular forum as requested.

Back
Top Bottom