not using the bathroom

Post some photos of her please.

You said your vet gave her antibiotics because she wasn't eating or pooping, that makes no sense what so ever.

antibiotics are to fight infections, it wont fix a lack of appetite.

I agree with stopping ALL medications and trying to get her to eat some soft bodied worms.

Please post photos of her so we can see what she looks like, see if we see any issues.

If her back legs aren't working, she could be egg bound.

I think you need a new vet.

yes ive stopped taking her to the vet he asked me if I wanted to put her down :( her back legs are still not functioning. I also notice that it looks as if she has thrown up :( any help please

Attachments

• chams9313 009.jpg
    chams9313 009.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 79
  • chams9313 010.jpg
    chams9313 010.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 90
  • chams9313 011.jpg
    chams9313 011.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 83
She doesn't look all that bad.

Though she might hav eggs.

You may want to consider getting an xray done to check for that,

When a female becomes egg bound, it can cause issues with the back legs.

What are you supplementing with?

Can you get her outside for real sun?

are you going to take her off all the meds shes currently on?

What bugs do you feed her, or try to feed her?

She doesn't look all that bad.

Though she might hav eggs.

You may want to consider getting an xray done to check for that,

When a female becomes egg bound, it can cause issues with the back legs.

What are you supplementing with?

Can you get her outside for real sun?

are you going to take her off all the meds shes currently on?

What bugs do you feed her, or try to feed her?

the vet that I took her to said he didn't feel anything in her like eggs I asked but who knows I have been taking her out in the sun but try not to do it to much I don't want to dehydrate her I give her d3 repti calcium once to twice and month and repashy superfoods calcium plus but she really hasn't got much of it bc of her eating I was feeding her mealworms till I seen they are hard to pass so I went out and got wax worms I have to fed her she wont eat on her own I was able to get 6 in two days that's what looks like she passed

the vet that I took her to said he didn't feel anything in her like eggs I asked but who knows I have been taking her out in the sun but try not to do it to much I don't want to dehydrate her I give her d3 repti calcium once to twice and month and repashy superfoods calcium plus but she really hasn't got much of it bc of her eating I was feeding her mealworms till I seen they are hard to pass so I went out and got wax worms I have to fed her she wont eat on her own I was able to get 6 in two days that's what looks like she passed

yes im not giving her any more meds or vet unless I have to and Im not going back to the vet she was seeing

I never felt eggs in my female, even though she was bred and laid eggs 4 weeks later.

So that's not a real way to test for it.

you need an xray.

does she have accesss to a lay bin??

let her be outside as much as possible. Just mist her constantly when shes out and she wont get dehydrated.

Can she climb at all?

instead of wax worms, use silkworms and hornworms. much better for her.

I never felt eggs in my female, even though she was bred and laid eggs 4 weeks later.

So that's not a real way to test for it.

you need an xray.

does she have accesss to a lay bin??

let her be outside as much as possible. Just mist her constantly when shes out and she wont get dehydrated.

Can she climb at all?

instead of wax worms, use silkworms and hornworms. much better for her.

ok just took her out and got her to eat no she cant climb she can onlky use her front two legs no she doesn't have a laying bin should I put one in there? its hard because I had to put her in a little 10 gallon tank due to the fact I didn't want her to get hurt because she was falling

ok just took her out and got her to eat no she cant climb she can onlky use her front two legs no she doesn't have a laying bin should I put one in there? its hard because I had to put her in a little 10 gallon tank due to the fact I didn't want her to get hurt because she was falling

ive also noticed this

Attachments

• chloe 001.jpg
    chloe 001.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 68
Have you never had a lay bin for her? if no, why?

her vent is fine.

Yes I had one in there for months when she was climbing made sure it was moist ect. so my thoughts on putting a laying bin in there now is how is she going to get in it if that is the issue????? ok good I was worried about her vent

Try putting her in a lay bin and let her be for a while.

ALso, you may want to look into another vet, have x rays done, and see what they see.

if there are eggs, she may need a shot of oxytocin, as the lack of use of her back legs could be a sign of egg binding.

Try putting her in a lay bin and let her be for a while.

ALso, you may want to look into another vet, have x rays done, and see what they see.

if there are eggs, she may need a shot of oxytocin, as the lack of use of her back legs could be a sign of egg binding.

ok thanks so much what do you think would be best to use for a laying bin? (like soil)

ok thanks so much what do you think would be best to use for a laying bin? (like soil)

I used organic top soil.

damp enough to hold a tunnel.

just place her in the bucket, then let her be.. check on her, but try to do so without her seeing you.

if she does indeed have eggs, she wont lay with your watching and staring.

I used organic top soil.

damp enough to hold a tunnel.

just place her in the bucket, then let her be.. check on her, but try to do so without her seeing you.

if she does indeed have eggs, she wont lay with your watching and staring.

ok cool that's what I use thanks so much I will go get some today and put her somewhere private hope to god that that's whats going on. Any clue as to how long if that is what the problem is it would take her to lay them?

ok cool that's what I use thanks so much I will go get some today and put her somewhere private hope to god that that's whats going on. Any clue as to how long if that is what the problem is it would take her to lay them?

Well it depends.

if shes actually ready to lay them, then a few days.

If shes not ready, a few days to a few weeks.

If shes already egg bound- maybe never (this would require surgery).

Back
Top Bottom