Not taking her laying bin

Benjamin Tjan

Ok I have finally identified she didn’t have enough privacy so I wrapped a blanket around her enclosure. This morning I saw her go down to the bottom so I left the room, when I came back however she was scratching the floor? I made the laying bin out of play sand and pot soil and made it wet enough to hold a tunnel. Why is she rejecting this bin and what should I do?

Good morning. Just be patient. She knows it's there and she'll start using it when she's ready. All Chams go through this. Again just give her plenty of privacy. I hope this helps. :)

Photos of the cage including the bottom please.
Basking temperature?
Her basking spot is 85-86 degrees, this is a picture of her cage before I wrapped it in the blanket. Laying bin at the bottom of the tree I tried to replicate. She’s digging at the back of the laying bin towards the wall.

Attachments

• 01BA9FBE-8B05-47D4-98CE-B2EB1357DC97.jpeg
    01BA9FBE-8B05-47D4-98CE-B2EB1357DC97.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 108
Basking should be in the low 80'sF. I would also test it...put your ha pond right under it so its as close as she could possibly get to it inside the cage. If you want to move your hand...then she could get burned.

I like your setup for the bin and the cage (although I would replace any fake plants with real ones).

Not sure why she would be digging there for sure...but I would think she's not ready to lay yet. Don't let her see you peeking in the cage when she's down in the bin or digging.

Basking should be in the low 80'sF. I would also test it...put your ha pond right under it so its as close as she could possibly get to it inside the cage. If you want to move your hand...then she could get burned.

I like your setup for the bin and the cage (although I would replace any fake plants with real ones).

Not sure why she would be digging there for sure...but I would think she's not ready to lay yet. Don't let her see you peeking in the cage when she's down in the bin or digging.
I did in fact do that testing cause I thought it was actually too cold and the probe of the thermometer was just basking there. I think it’s actually a little cooler than 85 it just heats up the black probe.

would it be ok to fill the entire bottom with play sand, if she has eggs I want to make sure she gets them out.

You asked..."would it be ok to fill the entire bottom with play sand, if she has eggs I want to make sure she gets them out"... That should be fine but then I wouldn't want to have to dig it up in front of her after she lays.

You asked..."would it be ok to fill the entire bottom with play sand, if she has eggs I want to make sure she gets them out"... That should be fine but then I wouldn't want to have to dig it up in front of her after she lays.
haha didnt think about that, just gonna watch her the next few days thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom