Not sure what’s wrong, cham sleeping early and not basking

I’m wondering about the pothos...you just put it in 2 weeks ago. Has she been eating it? They do love to nibble them...maybe she’s discovered how tasty it is. I also wonder if she’s enjoying the shade of it, especially since light reflects off of the snow. The dracaena Is nice but doesn’t provide as much hiding and shade as the pothos does. One of my girls spends her days basking in the open. The other spends her days hiding in her dense foliage and eating leaves.
I’d definitely put the lay bin back in just in case. If you can, get another pothos or similar plant and place it up higher. If she stops eating or has any other concerning changes, a vet visit is the safest way to go.

I’m wondering about the pothos...you just put it in 2 weeks ago. Has she been eating it? They do love to nibble them...maybe she’s discovered how tasty it is. I also wonder if she’s enjoying the shade of it, especially since light reflects off of the snow. The dracaena Is nice but doesn’t provide as much hiding and shade as the pothos does. One of my girls spends her days basking in the open. The other spends her days hiding in her dense foliage and eating leaves.
I’d definitely put the lay bin back in just in case. If you can, get another pothos or similar plant and place it up higher. If she stops eating or has any other concerning changes, a vet visit is the safest way to go.
Yes she has been eating it! I never thought about liking the hiding spots. I can definitely get another one, but I think I’ll wait a bit for more changes in the cage until I can figure out what’s up. I’ll put the lay bin in tomorrow. I appreciate your help!!

Morning everyone... in a different spot this morning! Looking good so far!! Fingers crossed we have a successful day

Attachments

• 9021E1D0-3E45-4779-A26A-B2809C880C64.jpeg
    9021E1D0-3E45-4779-A26A-B2809C880C64.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 58
Hmm went to go feed her and saw this.. looks like foam almost? Not sure what it could be.. nothing has changed in her enclosure either. Should I wait until after her mister goes off to see if it goes away?

Attachments

• F3234E61-EFA9-47CF-A130-071D122EA027.jpeg
    F3234E61-EFA9-47CF-A130-071D122EA027.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 50
Hmm went to go feed her and saw this.. looks like foam almost? Not sure what it could be.. nothing has changed in her enclosure either. Should I wait until after her mister goes off to see if it goes away?
Did you touch it to see what it actually was or did it just come off?

Hi again! Everything about my girls demeanor seems ok. Just curious if this one bright streak of green Is normal?

Attachments

• E1D3033C-73AA-430D-B583-80CCA81FA8D8.jpeg
    E1D3033C-73AA-430D-B583-80CCA81FA8D8.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 58
Hi again! Everything about my girls demeanor seems ok. Just curious if this one bright streak of green Is normal?
She looks angry... They do all sorts of interesting things with their colors. See what happens when she lightens back up and tomorrow. Careful if that is her UVB light... That is awfully close for her to be to it.

She looks angry... They do all sorts of interesting things with their colors. See what happens when she lightens back up and tomorrow. Careful if that is her UVB light... That is awfully close for her to be to it.
Will do! And I’ve been thinking the same, I might have to lower / take out the branch I have there!

Back
Top Bottom