Not interested in silkworms

ryanra22

Hey guys so I'm wondering why my little guy isn't going after these silk worms? He'll usually eat 1 out of the 5 I've been offering and then just completely ignore the rest even if he's walking over them at times.

I've offered him crickets a few times now and he seems to eat around 6-8 every time I offer those so I know he's eating but is there any reason he might not be interested in these worms?

Not sure why, but Amy's the same. A couple of weeks back when she was poorly she was having one every day. I still have loads of them and she's not interested now, so I have advertised them for sale locally to try and get rid of some, lol! Never thought I'd say that about silkies, but they are so much work!

Not sure why, but Amy's the same. A couple of weeks back when she was poorly she was having one every day. I still have loads of them and she's not interested now, so I have advertised them for sale locally to try and get rid of some, lol! Never thought I'd say that about silkies, but they are so much work!

lol I really hope he starts eating these because I did the same thing and bought a bunch! And I much prefer them to crickets!

My guy was like that. Tried them in September...he hated them. Tried them in January, then he loved them for, hm, about a week. Now back to hating. Try Phoenix worms if the silkies don't go through. Phoenix aren't as big, but they're super great nutritionally. :)

My cham loves silkworms (he is just above 4 months old now) but I have difficulty to keep them alive for a week. I just figure out it's because temp is too low in my house.

My cham loves silkworms (he is just above 4 months old now) but I have difficulty to keep them alive for a week. I just figure out it's because temp is too low in my house.

They should stay alive at house temperature. Did you keep them clean, feed them mulberry/chow etc...?

I removed their poo daily and fed them with chow.

My home is dry and cool (about 72-74F, was below 70F overnight).

My cham isn't intrested etither, was kinda dissapointed as I spent ages finding some to purchase for him. My loung where all the food is kept is mid 70's during the day and 65 at night and had them two days and seem fine, but time will tell. But if my cham doesn't eat them, I have a bearded dragon and water dragon who happily will

Ya this is the 2nd day in a row I've offered him some and nothing. I've seen him eat 2 total (in probably 4-5 offerings)

And as far as keeping them Ive just got them in a Tupperware container that's well ventilated and my apartment gets anywhere from 65-75 and they've been doing great for a week now

A pet store told me once if a chameleon hasn't been introduced to any worm from a hatchling, they'll probably never accept them. Dunno how true that is though, as my veiled took wax worms as treats no problem even though his stables were non worm feeders.

Hey guys so I'm wondering why my little guy isn't going after these silk worms? He'll usually eat 1 out of the 5 I've been offering and then just completely ignore the rest even if he's walking over them at times.

I've offered him crickets a few times now and he seems to eat around 6-8 every time I offer those so I know he's eating but is there any reason he might not be interested in these worms?

idk, maybe she's just lost interest!!

Back
Top Bottom