not eatting for 3 weeks!!!!!!

Tifanydalpont

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - veiled, male, and 7 months of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?5 months

Handling - when he want out i let him crawl on my hands and then back in the cage

Feeding - crickets large and small, pheniox worms, superworms, wax worms.every day usually crickets but i have to switch it up cause he gets bored. 11am and 5 pm. commercail gut load and carrot and collard greens

Supplements - zoomed reptivite with and without vitmin d3, and zilla multivitamin spray. 1day with d3, 1 day no d3 and 1 day multi

Watering - mist in mouth 3 a day

Fecal Description - large compacted brown stool and white uringe. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? no

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. going through puberty????just sheaded

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screen, 36x18x18
Lighting - repti glo 5.0 uvb,uva day light on 6am to 7pm
Temperature - cage floor 70-80 to basking spot 95-100
Lowest overnight temp 62-70
How do you measure these temps? every day since i got him
Humidity - What are your humidity levels?55-70
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? 2 live hibiscus plant
What do you use to measure humidity? humidity gadge
Plants - Are you using live plants? hibiscus
Placement - Where is your cage located? between fake tree and book case
At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 6 feet off floor
Location - Where are you geographically located? los angeles

Current Problem hasnt eattin for 3 weeks during that time ive had to make him hiss big enought to drop food in. i've tried once a week during this time not to stress him out too much. today i removed all cricket, superworms wax worms, hoping if he sees theres no food for 3 days he might start to eat again??? he drink 3 times a day he licks the water form a spray bottle for a min or 2, im just keeping him hydraded since his not eatting. his lost a little weight during this time but no bones are showing and his tails still pretty thick and has every good grip

I would not leave food in his cage over night. I would lower his temps a bit. I keep my adult male veiled at 89. If you have have never had a fecal I would recommend a check up and fecal. He could have parasites, he could be sick or he could just be bored with food. Please post a picture.

yay!!!!!

finally after one month his eatting again !!!!offered him a super worm and he ate it and then feed him 5 wax worms to fattin him up!!! his a little skinny!!!!

finally after one month his eatting again !!!!offered him a super worm and he ate it and then feed him 5 wax worms to fattin him up!!! his a little skinny!!!!

Dont feed wax worms. They are a fatty feeder. Basically same as giving your cham a chesseburger and fries. If your looking for good alternatives: hornworms, silkworms, dubia, blue bottle flies, supers, butterworms. Those are all better options than waxies. If your going to feed primarily cricks then at least get some quality gutload like cricket crack. And add fruits and veggies to that dry gutload to add additional hydration and nutrients.

i know there not good for him.. i just did it for today cuz they where the only ones left... also to see him eat anything at all, in a month, was amazing... i only feed him 5 small ones... then offered him supers... lightly dusted and the he eat thoughts so i feed him the last off the in the container which was only 3... his not eatting the crickets or pheniox larva even the prey mantes.... just yet but i'll try them tomorrow!!!! i'm so happy he has his eatting again after a month!! i've bought him everything i could get a hold of... small, medium,large cricket, wax worms which he usually goes crazy over( he didnt even care about them???), super worm, pheniox worms and anything i could get.... and nothing i even bought prey mantus for 25.00 for 5 and he wouldnt eat anything!!!!! he'd just ignor them for weeks.. also during that time it was super cold (winter) in the house, also i think he was going throught puberty and moved him to a new cage.... i think a mix ofall of the was causing a hunger strike!!

Back
Top Bottom