NOT EATING!!!!!!

Mark

My baby Cham hasn’t eaten in a few days and I’m getting worried. I tried feeding him super worms instead of crickets but he just won’t eat plz help me. I’m only 13 and he’s my only hobbie and I’m really worried. Also my first Cham. He has an open air cage and pretty sure he’s a male. He hasn’t eaten in 3 days and I’m worried plz help thx

As was already pointed out in your previous thread you posted with the same name and content, you need to fill out this form in full if you expect us to help you. There are a huge number of reasons why he may not be eating, so you cannot expect us to help you without filling out all of the information in this form. Just copy and paste it and fill in your answer and we will do our best to help you provide a good life for your chameleon.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

A0388F6B-F198-4690-B525-7062138070C8.jpeg
•I’m pretty sure he’s a male veils chameleon.
•I handle him 1 or 2 times a day to get him used to me.
•I am feed one him crickets about 7 a day now and I tried super worms then realized it was too big
•day heat=Top 70-90 Fahrenheit bottom 60-70 •night top 50-70 Fahrenheit bottom 30-50 I am using a dual heat/humidity gauge.
•humidity stay at 60-80% I have a fogger live plants and a room humidifier.
•I use draciena spider and fern
•not by air ducts or anything, he’s by a door to the den/my hangout so I’m by him a lot. Top of enclosure is probably 5 feet 4 inches off the ground
•I am located in Midwest Minnesota United States.
•he isn’t eating

*Pic of enclosure up above

The pet store had him for a weed then I’ve had him for a week and a half idk on how long before then

How big are the crickets you're feeding him?
How are you providing water for him?
Please post a photo of him.

Where he sits in the cage what is the temperature there?
Is he pooping at all?
I would remove all that mossy stuff in case he's ingesting it.
Do you hand feed him or let the crickets free in the cage?

• probably 80-90 feronheight.
• I’ve only noticed 1 poop
• I try to hand feed for a few then let the rest free. I try

He's still pretty darn small, so it's possible that he has a hard time finding the crickets in his cage? I would try cup feeding him and seeing if that might help.

Also, you should stop handling him until his condition improves. Taking him out of his home is only going to stress him out and a stressed out chameleon sometimes will reject food

Mine actually does the same thing, I had just gotten her yesterday. She was worrying me a little. I don't know if I can cup feed her the crickets since they are small and jump. She tends to open her mouth a lot don't know if she is yawning or not.

Idk I’m trying to cup feed him when I’m gone so I can monitor how much he eats.
I’ll let you know when I get hone

Back
Top Bottom