not eating

Yarinil

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Cham, male, 2-3 months (that was the breeder said) but i say is 1 or 2 months (3 inches from head to tail) I'm taking care of him from april 11
Handling - daily... 1 time for feeding
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? Pinheads. 7 to 15 daily at 9 am and 10 am (two rounds) I'm giving the crickets fruits, peel potatoes and cricket food. Nothing else (couldnt find anyother feeder yet)
Supplements - 3 times a week Zilla's Calcium supplement spray. 1 time a week Zilla's multivitamin spray with d3
Watering - Misting spray bottle, 3 times daily never seen drinking
Fecal Description - black with a white tip... normal for me

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Screened (homemade) round and is 17" x 36"
Lighting - Reptiglo Exo Terra UVB 5.0 25W and natural sun light (from the window is screened window and i take him outside for 1 hour)
Temperature - No basking spot, the temperature is like 80 to 85 F at night is 80 to 75 F (tropical island) Thermometer
Humidity - 60 to 80 with a hydrometer
Plants - poths (2) and (1) croton and (2) dracaena
Placement - near a window and is in front of the enter door
Location - Puerto Rico

Current Problem - He's not eating the amount of cricket that I read on the caresheet (9 to 15)

He's eating like 10 or 5 depends on the day. today he just eat 1.

he seems to be in good health he move around his enclosure and always with a vivid green but when it put him in his small feeding enclosure he is almost black

He could be becoming stressed at being moved everydey. Could you try cup feeding? That way the inscects will dtay in one place and he will be able to find them.

He could be becoming stressed at being moved everydey. Could you try cup feeding? That way the inscects will dtay in one place and he will be able to find them.

this he know by instinct how to use the cup feeder?

I will try it :D

7575D019-3060-430F-93EA-AD8FB052D9F0-4219-000007D011A164A6.jpg

This is a pic of mine before I tidied it up. There are many varieties of these and they work well.:)

7575D019-3060-430F-93EA-AD8FB052D9F0-4219-000007D011A164A6.jpg

This is a pic of mine before I tidied it up. There are many varieties of these and they work well.:)

so if i put it with a 3 inch cham will work? he can actually get the cricket? i thought his tongue was too short.

I'll try it

thanks! :D:D

You can make it with a smaller bottle! You could also get the cups that you put into bird cages, with the hooks at the back and hook it over a plant pot. I made one for my baby viv out of a small milk bottle from Mcdomalds.:)

You can make it with a smaller bottle! You could also get the cups that you put into bird cages, with the hooks at the back and hook it over a plant pot. I made one for my baby viv out of a small milk bottle from Mcdomalds.:)

thanks you a lot! i'll work with it today :D and i'll post it when i finish!

soo this is what i made!

:D I made this!

so far he just ate one cricket in two days :/ he's so tiny that he just jump into the cup and take it. I'm counting the crickets so i'm sure that he just ate one because i saw him. what else i can do to make him eat? I never see him drinking but im sure he is for the look of his poops. but nothing else.

Cup feeding is good for our benefit to see what he is eating and to be able to control crickets when they are bigger as you don't warn to leave full sized crickets overnight. However it is natural for chams to hunt, so it would be quite safe for you to cup feed and let some small crickets loose. Can you get some small flys? They sometimes can't resist them. I think you will have to experiment with small insects to see if he will become interested.

Back
Top Bottom