Not changing colour

Glen scarley

hi. I have a 8 month old panther chameleon and he does not seem to show any bright colours. Just green that gets slightly lighter or darker. I am not bothered about him changing just wanted to see if it was normal
Cheers
Glen

Do you ever have him outside in natural sunlight? Often they will show colors then. What about at night when sleeping? Any difference then? How long have you had him?

Hi thanks for the reply. I haven’t yet as had pretty rubbish weather since getting him. Had him about a month. His colour stays the Same when asleep.

Hi thanks for the reply. I haven’t yet as had pretty rubbish weather since getting him. Had him about a month. His colour stays the Same when asleep.

UK??? Just trying to decipher the accent in the post :LOL:. They won't always show bright colors, but often will when outside of their enclosure. Any pics of him or the enclosure? Also, what type of lighting do you use?

11A8CAF0-03F4-439A-A8E0-D237FB4DF1E6.jpeg
We'll need to see pictures

Attachments

• 364E8309-5F88-41A4-B048-8F19E134F0A4.jpeg
    364E8309-5F88-41A4-B048-8F19E134F0A4.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 49
The colors are nothing to worry about. He probably just hasn't developed his adult palette just yet.

His enclosure, however, needs a lot of work. Chameleons need many horizontal branches/vines/perches of your choosing. He only has that one stick to walk on, which is severely limiting. What are the dimension of that enclosure?

Back
Top Bottom