Not a concern just a question

JessG

I’ve had my veiled for a bit over a year now. When I got her she was around 3-4 months old.
I would have assumed she would have been gravid by now, and laid at least one clutch.
I do have a lay bin in her cage. She has never shown any interest in it. Or any signs that she was gravid (colouration, wanting out, bottom of cage etc).
Do some females just not lay eggs? Or is she a late bloomer lol.

I have heard of females never laying an infertile clutch in their lifetime but it's very rare. I would still put the lay bin in her enclosure for you never known and it is better to be safe than sorry.

I’ve had my veiled for a bit over a year now. When I got her she was around 3-4 months old.
I would have assumed she would have been gravid by now, and laid at least one clutch.
I do have a lay bin in her cage. She has never shown any interest in it. Or any signs that she was gravid (colouration, wanting out, bottom of cage etc).
Do some females just not lay eggs? Or is she a late bloomer lol.
Some never do. I wouldn't worry about it.

She’s always had a lay bin in her cage. Just as a precaution.
She does look a little plumper but not showing any different colours. No idea lol

I guess I might have been wrong. I’ve found her a couple of times wandering around the bottom of her cage. Never in her damn lay bin tho. I hope she decides to use it.

Maybe there is no male in her life for her to conceived...Maybe she is not in the mood..or maybe she just lonely like I'm sometime...I bought lots contraception but I haven't use it neither:rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom