Not a chameleon but I found this guy today

Kboz1991

Avid Member
I was working on redirecting a stream today and came across this little guy. first time I have ever seen one I wanted to keep him but couldn't bring myself to take him out of the wild. it's a northern red salamander
Screenshot_2016-11-02-16-54-20.png
20161102_141521.jpg
20161102_141524.jpg
20161102_141609.jpg

Lmao yea he definitely didn't like the fact the a big crazy thing picked him up lol. he was so cool I'm 25 and have always been in streams and stuff and that's the only one I've ever seen so I doubt I will ever see another .

She is a beautiful red color; when I I've done in Maryland we use to spend a lot of our time in the streams looking for them

It was really cool hopefully soon I can get one as a pet. just have to wait until all the other hobbies are done Lmao

I remember down in Oregon finding plenty of Roughskin Newts in a lake, they seem to be getting more and more rare unfortunately, I haven't seen any in at least 5 years

Wow, he must have a good food source in your stream he looks very healthy and maybe a little super sized even! King of the salamanders!

Just a heads up btw, I am actually starting a salamander breeding op on the side because of a few reasons; 1 are soo low maintenance, its just so easy I can;t say no, 2 there is a fungus killing the salamanders in the north american south eastern regions which means it is illegal to ship them over state lines, so people like me in Ca, can no longer buy cool lil South Eastern species like tigers, marbled or slimy salamanders for the most part. So I found a cute local species, the yellow eyed ensatina. Long story as to why I decided to do this so watch my video to hear it! But these guys needed saving, so I did! Plus many salamanders and amphibians all over the world are rapidly becoming endangered or even extinct, so I think people should help care for them to make people appreciate them more.

6456865985_8c3ea258ff_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom