Not a Cham, but need help

Well, the gecko died earlier today.

If the family decides to get another gecko, I will advise them on the proper care, and hopefully that one will live a better life.

I’m not really sure what to say. At least it is no longer suffering, but at the same time it is unfortunate that the gecko had to die.

I want to assume the best, that the owner just didn’t know how to care for a gecko. Sadly this is far too common in our society as we have all seen on this site with many new cham owners. I am trying my best to inform my other friends who have herps, and I have found a friend who loves learning about these creatures as much as I do.

At the end of the day, it is the parents’ decision whether or not to let their son get another pet, though I will most definitely help them give appropriate care if they do.

Thank you all.
It’s very very sad that this poor creature had to suffer, but a relief that it’s at peace now. I’m going to have to assume the keeper just had no knowledge and did no research into proper care. I do hope that they have learned from this.
Rest peacefully sweet gecko and be whole and healthy in the hereafter.

It's a terrible situation, but at least the gecko is at peace now. Also, thank you for trying to help and educating your friends! It might not have made a difference with this guy, but it could save a life and even prevent a herp from even getting sick in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom