NosyBe & Ambilobe- New pics

Is it official and he is not a pure Nosy Be? I have seen Nosy bes from proven lines with red. Regardless, he will be a stunning looking guy.

well his body color is more green, and his barring is the only thing that is blue, its actually the amount of red on him is what tipped off Bruce to begin with, and said he wouldnt take the chance of labeling him as a pure noseybe.......i cant say its official or not.....to me i think he might be still pure

I get what you are saying, and he is amazing, and will continue to intensify., i would of keep him if Bruce was positive he was pure nosy be but didnt believe to be the case.

Last edited:
Ace, I would have kept him!!! How did I miss this thread from before??? He is an awesome looking guy cross or no cross!

Carol you make this very hard:(:eek:, its wasnt easy but i paid for a nosybe, and as far as i know by Bruces words he isnt. again its not that i dont like him, i actually got a little attached...,

Bruce already refunded me, but i guess if i wanted to i could ask for a new price and "possibly" keep him? idk.... parents and all....

Why not just get a refunded the difference between pure and cross price? Such as, if you paid $250 for a pure, but Bruce would sell crosses at, say $150, not get the $100 back? Then you do get what you paid for AND can still keep him?

You can always get a Nosy Be down the line if your ultimate plans are to breed. You're still in high school, at least wait until you're in college and away from your parents and then you can do whatever you want ;) lol

You know I got Daedalus as a Nosy Be originally, right? He's my ultimate favorite chameleon, I actually think he's way prettier than any of the other panthers I've had. Not saying yours has to become your favorite but you might be surprised as his full colors come in, you may be really surprised by what he looks like!

I am sorry! I did not mean to make you feel guilty! He is just cool, that's all! But I understand what you are saying.....

Why not just get a refunded the difference between pure and cross price? Such as, if you paid $250 for a pure, but Bruce would sell crosses at, say $150, not get the $100 back? Then you do get what you paid for AND can still keep him?

You can always get a Nosy Be down the line if your ultimate plans are to breed. You're still in high school, at least wait until you're in college and away from your parents and then you can do whatever you want ;) lol

You know I got Daedalus as a Nosy Be originally, right? He's my ultimate favorite chameleon, I actually think he's way prettier than any of the other panthers I've had. Not saying yours has to become your favorite but you might be surprised as his full colors come in, you may be really surprised by what he looks like!
Couldnt agree anymore!!!! Except Ace paid 275 so he would be getting a $125 difference. That is the smartest thing to do...it saves both sides extra money and time.. plus your guy is stunning and you are attached to him...

I think this is a great idea :)

well i guess we know know why mine was so much larger
Got an announcement, after having some talks with Bruce, it came to be that he inclines to believe as well that Avyx is a cross, due to the nosybe clutch he hatched not having this much red as mine, and him having really blue proven lines to begin with, the "wild caught" look might of been a good excuse but my cham and Bruce's nosybes he hatched arent from a WC sire or dam. ...he is definatley the odd-ball

In the end i paid for a nosybe and received a potential cross, Bruce was more than kind enough to give me many different options including a FULL refund and willing to pay shipping to send Avyx back to him, i took that offer. By far he still has awsome customer service and plan to get a real nosybe when he has some available in the future.

All in all i feel a bit dissappointed but accidents happen, and Bruce was more than cooperative and honest which i greatly admire. I'm sending "Avyx" back to Bruce, its not that he is a cross tha was the problem but feel i should receive what i paid for, so nextweek, Avyx is being shipped back. Will take last pics of him before he goes, he is an awsome cham with stunning glow and very calm overall, and an awsome eater.

I was rereading what you said and I agree with what you told me through PMs, there is a good chance he's still pure. If none of his siblings are outside the norm, there's no way yours is the only freak cross out of an entire clutch. Granted, reptiles and birds can have several fathers in a single clutch, but I doubt this is what happened with yours.

If the mother is nosy be and the father is nosy be, and Bruce doesn't have crosses running around to mix up with the pure babies, I don't see how he could be a cross.

here are a couple more pics, im open for opinions and input about my noseybe not being all noseybe, in the mean timewhile getting back to Bruce, but overall he looks all noseybe to me...

he looks like he's got some ambanja because of the red he's got. still is very pretty

well i guess we know know why mine was so much larger

lol actually mine was the smallest from the clutch, i got one of the last nosybe's from Bruce he had avaialble, and mine was basically a runt:p

Been having more talks with Bruce, wanted to make a correction that the grandsire was WC and been introducing WC nosybe's in his nosybe line to keep the genetics strong. Bruce hasnt had any clutches of crosses recently and the most recent is too far of a gap for my cham to be a cross as far as both Bruce and I know.

As of now he is still a nosybe with the WC look, i see no other hints of locale coloring from him

here is a link i found that shows real wild nosybes without the true blue look

http://www.pantherchameleon.de/madagascar_chameleons/furcifer-pardalis-madagascar?q=node/50/....as you can see the red stripes is common among other colors

My son is a 2nd year german student.he will be reading to dad:D.
lol actually mine was the smallest from the clutch, i got one of the last nosybe's from Bruce he had avaialble, and mine was basically a runt:p

Been having more talks with Bruce, wanted to make a correction that the grandsire was WC and been introducing WC nosybe's in his nosybe line to keep the genetics strong. Bruce hasnt had any clutches of crosses recently and the most recent is too far of a gap for my cham to be a cross as far as both Bruce and I know.

As of now he is still a nosybe with the WC look, i see no other hints of locale coloring from him

here is a link i found that shows real wild nosybes without the true blue look

http://www.pantherchameleon.de/madagascar_chameleons/furcifer-pardalis-madagascar?q=node/50/....as you can see the red stripes is common among other colors

Lol thats awsome i need to learn important languages..... and you can use google translate to get most of it translated "ok" lol sorry forgot to mention it ead in german

Back
Top Bottom