Nosy panther newly hatched only blue when handled

T_d0e

Hey y’all I’m a newly founded Cham owner .. this animal has always fascinated me but never thought I would own one .. so my girlfriend surprises me with a nosy panther .. he’s about a month old I have the full set up. His enclosure is up to par .. now I’m aware that chameleons are moody reptiles and like to be left in solitaire .. now I’ve read that the colors say much about them .. I’m aware that chameleons in general do not like to be handled and rather be left alone .. BUT I noticed while kept In The enclosure he keeps a brownish dark tone to him amd once I handle him he becomes and play with him he becomes bluish Turquoise ... does this mean he likes to be handled and not kept in his enclosure ‍♂️ I read this is uncommon ...

Attachments

• 58264B22-A6A5-4727-8B6A-8CB6E75CD237.jpeg
    58264B22-A6A5-4727-8B6A-8CB6E75CD237.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 68
  • EB3267F3-BFED-4E0C-9B59-EA2A76050ECE.jpeg
    EB3267F3-BFED-4E0C-9B59-EA2A76050ECE.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 8AA5B0F6-1ED3-46E9-B100-D37019A7BF52.jpeg
    8AA5B0F6-1ED3-46E9-B100-D37019A7BF52.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 69
Hey y’all I’m a newly founded Cham owner .. this animal has always fascinated me but never thought I would own one .. so my girlfriend surprises me with a nosy panther .. he’s about a month old I have the full set up. His enclosure is up to par .. now I’m aware that chameleons are moody reptiles and like to be left in solitaire .. now I’ve read that the colors say much about them .. I’m aware that chameleons in general do not like to be handled and rather be left alone .. BUT I noticed while kept In The enclosure he keeps a brownish dark tone to him amd once I handle him he becomes and play with him he becomes bluish Turquoise ... does this mean he likes to be handled and not kept in his enclosure ‍♂ I read this is uncommon ...

At that age muddy colors are the norm . He is likely showing colors because he is nervous..

Those are stress colors, normal. 95% of Chams automatically start stressing out when handled as they evolved that way. The only times in the wild where they would be in physical contact with another living creature is:

-mating
-fighting
-being eaten by a predator

So naturally they aren’t too thrilled with us most of the time lol

Welcome to the forums!

Hey y’all I’m a newly founded Cham owner .. this animal has always fascinated me but never thought I would own one .. so my girlfriend surprises me with a nosy panther .. he’s about a month old I have the full set up. His enclosure is up to par .. now I’m aware that chameleons are moody reptiles and like to be left in solitaire .. now I’ve read that the colors say much about them .. I’m aware that chameleons in general do not like to be handled and rather be left alone .. BUT I noticed while kept In The enclosure he keeps a brownish dark tone to him amd once I handle him he becomes and play with him he becomes bluish Turquoise ... does this mean he likes to be handled and not kept in his enclosure ‍♂ I read this is uncommon ...
Would you be interested in a husbandry review?

Cool tattoos dude! :p

Your handsome fellow is going to require a couple things to thrive or you will end up with a sick Cham.

Gutloading is to feed your feeders!

Are you currently providing any multivitamins? If so what type and how often?

Back
Top Bottom