Nosy Faly - Male or Female?

A huge shoutout to backwaterreptiles who sent me the wrong preference and now I’m in this situation lol. Thanks for the advice, I’m already working on getting a visit
You may have a male.... Just because a bunch of people are looking at your pics saying it is possible you have a female does not mean you do. Baby is young. And probably younger then you think being as how you got it from them. Females can be quite beautiful and sweet too. I understand if in a few months baby proves to be female and you just do not want a female but right now you do not know for sure. I answered your gender post but I am not a breeder of panthers. And pictures are not as good as seeing a chameleon in person.

You may have a male.... Just because a bunch of people are looking at your pics saying it is possible you have a female does not mean you do

I agree, there's still a chance it's actually male, it's really hard to tell right now. I'm sure you were planning to wait even if you decided to sell, but waiting longer (until their actually a responsible and reasonably hardy age) would not only improve the baby's health, but give you time to be more sure of gender.

Females can be quite beautiful and sweet too. I understand if in a few months baby proves to be female and you just do not want a female but right now you do not know for sure. I answered your gender post but I am not a breeder of panthers. And pictures are not as good as seeing a chameleon in person.

I also understand that females are harder to keep than males (stricter diet/temp, the whole egg thing) with arguably less 'beauty' or 'reward,' but you may find you like them as well. Females have their own rewards: a sense of accomplishment after a successful lay, less aggressive personalities (USUALLY, not always 🙃), and hey, you save on feeder costs!

I really appreciate that, guys. I even contacted backwater to find out about his/her lineage. Cant believe what they said. How do they even know this is a Nosy Faly? At this point, I’ll just work with what I have. We’ve had Terry for a little over a month now and I feel like my gf and I are already attached to this little guy/girl. I figured I’ll change the name once we know this cham is a girl for sure. Once again, thank you guys so much!!

Attachments

• C9A1E636-484E-4F2E-9EBD-748E85BAA917.jpeg
    C9A1E636-484E-4F2E-9EBD-748E85BAA917.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 91
I really appreciate that, guys. I even contacted backwater to find out about his/her lineage. Cant believe what they said. How do they even know this is a Nosy Faly? At this point, I’ll just work with what I have. We’ve had Terry for a little over a month now and I feel like my gf and I are already attached to this little guy/girl. I figured I’ll change the name once we know this cham is a girl for sure. Once again, thank you guys so much!!
Sorry had to add this in there aswell. I hope this raises awareness

Attachments

• B7F37143-51D1-417B-80CD-E79A16DE8657.jpeg
    B7F37143-51D1-417B-80CD-E79A16DE8657.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 84
Yup and thats backwaterreptiles for you all. Don’t do business with them unless you just want a random chameleon with no gender preference. It’s ridiculous, just happy to see my Terry has been doing amazing so far
Yep this is why we kept saying get a fecal done lol. Really does not surprise me after what I have seen others post about them.

Back
Top Bottom