Nosy Be or Blue Ambanja

Breeder is doing an inventory update tomorrow and I've already paid for a little boy last go round. Not sure what all there will be & really waiting to see if anything stands out to me but I know their will be an Ambanja or 2 and a Nosy Be baby boy. Not too familiar with Ambanja's as my boy Ares is a red body blue bar Ambilobe so was hoping maybe somebody could give some info on them. I've personally always thought adult Nosy Bes are beautiful but I think I heard a blue Ambanja (especially as a baby) tends to have more color / color options than a Nosy? Either way excited and might be having a new boy coming home this week 😁

p.s. (If nothing stands out this go round I might wait and see whats available next go round. I originally wanted something yellow or in the ybbb category)

My boy Ares below :)

Attachments

• 20210820_112918.jpg
    20210820_112918.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 182
Ares is so handsome! Nosy Bes will be a solid teal blue, while Ambanjas are a mix of colors, mostly blue. Some Google Image searches, or better yet pics of the sires of the Nosy Bes and Ambanjas, should help a lot!

As far as they Nosey Be locale goes, @ERKleRose is pretty spot on. If you’re a fan colors ranging from blue to teal to mint green, Nosey Bes are the way to go. If you’re hoping for some deep blue, there are many *very* blue ambanja bloodlines out there. Ambanjas will always be my first love! I’m definitely not jealous you’ve been given the opportunity to get one. I had my heart set on an Ambanja and wound up with a nosey be x ambilobe cross, but I’m certainly not complaining. 😁

Ares is a seriously handsome guy, by the way!

Breeder is doing an inventory update tomorrow and I've already paid for a little boy last go round. Not sure what all there will be & really waiting to see if anything stands out to me but I know their will be an Ambanja or 2 and a Nosy Be baby boy. Not too familiar with Ambanja's as my boy Ares is a red body blue bar Ambilobe so was hoping maybe somebody could give some info on them. I've personally always thought adult Nosy Bes are beautiful but I think I heard a blue Ambanja (especially as a baby) tends to have more color / color options than a Nosy? Either way excited and might be having a new boy coming home this week 😁

p.s. (If nothing stands out this go round I might wait and see whats available next go round. I originally wanted something yellow or in the ybbb category)

My boy Ares below :)
That's a tough choice. There both just so awesome. you choose whichever one grabs your heart. (y)

Ares is so handsome! Nosy Bes will be a solid teal blue, while Ambanjas are a mix of colors, mostly blue. Some Google Image searches, or better yet pics of the sires of the Nosy Bes and Ambanjas, should help a lot!
I'm waiting to get the dams & sires names so I can look them up on their site .. will definitely be making most of my decision off that! Thanks for your input! (Ohh and Ares says thanks too 😉!!)

As far as they Nosey Be locale goes, @ERKleRose is pretty spot on. If you’re a fan colors ranging from blue to teal to mint green, Nosey Bes are the way to go. If you’re hoping for some deep blue, there are many *very* blue ambanja bloodlines out there. Ambanjas will always be my first love! I’m definitely not jealous you’ve been given the opportunity to get one. I had my heart set on an Ambanja and wound up with a nosey be x ambilobe cross, but I’m certainly not complaining. 😁

Ares is a seriously handsome guy, by the way!
That's such a tough decision! Lol . I am kinda leaning towards an Ambanja but I guess I cant even fully say that without seeing them all 😂. I believe I seen on an older thread where @Gingero mentioned Ambanjas tend to have a more prominent nose than other locales .. is there anything else that tends to be different other than some colors and nose ? (I will say baby Ambanjas have the CUTEST faces!) Haha. & btw thanks for the Ares comment !!! I'm honestly amazed at how crazy he's looking for just hitting 6 month mark. When I got him I was aiming for the red body blue bar look like his father and WOW has he delivered on that so far 🔥🙂 (funny he's got yellow cheeks tho!) 😂

Attachments

• 20210817_160641.jpg
    20210817_160641.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 123
I'm waiting to get the dams & sires names so I can look them up on their site .. will definitely be making most of my decision off that! Thanks for your input! (Ohh and Ares says thanks too 😉!!)

That's such a tough decision! Lol . I am kinda leaning towards an Ambanja but I guess I cant even fully say that without seeing them all 😂. I believe I seen on an older thread where @Gingero mentioned Ambanjas tend to have a more prominent nose than other locales .. is there anything else that tends to be different other than some colors and nose ? (I will say baby Ambanjas have the CUTEST faces!) Haha. & btw thanks for the Ares comment !!! I'm honestly amazed at how crazy he's looking for just hitting 6 month mark. When I got him I was aiming for the red body blue bar look like his father and WOW has he delivered on that so far 🔥🙂 (funny he's got yellow cheeks tho!) 😂
Just love the RBBB now after seeing this picture. LOL!

I don’t intend to sway you one way or the other - both locales are beautiful. You might see a bit more color variation in an Ambanja, though (which is saying a lot! I’ve seen pics of the same nosey be flashing powder blue one moment and green with dark bars the next 😍). As far as their rostral protrusions being larger goes, I honestly have no idea! Would you happen to recall the video where Gingero mentions that detail?

Yeah, Ares is pretty dang stunning for being only 6 months old. Those blues are seriously something else. Did he come from Kammerflage? They’ve got some strong RBBB genes and it definitely looks like he’s got them. ❤️💙 I’m anxious to see how he colors up as he gets older!

Just love the RBBB now after seeing this picture. LOL!
The first time I seen RBBB I've been hooked since ! Almost looks like Spiderman or somethin 😂. This is his father 👀

I don’t intend to sway you one way or the other - both locales are beautiful. You might see a bit more color variation in an Ambanja, though (which is saying a lot! I’ve seen pics of the same nosey be flashing powder blue one moment and green with dark bars the next 😍). As far as their rostral protrusions being larger goes, I honestly have no idea! Would you happen to recall the video where Gingero mentions that detail?

Yeah, Ares is pretty dang stunning for being only 6 months old. Those blues are seriously something else. Did he come from Kammerflage? They’ve got some strong RBBB genes and it definitely looks like he’s got them. ❤️💙 I’m anxious to see how he colors up as he gets older!
I 1000% agree that both locales are beautiful (even tho I'm more familiar with Nosys). I don't mind the opinions and am actually welcoming them ! Lol. I needed to get some of my excitement out and what better way way to talk about it with people that share the same interests haha 😂💙. I think I'm swaying Ambanja but it all comes down to the colors and looks tomorrow ! & Gingero actually didn't say it in a video but an older post on here comparing Nosys & Ambanjas here's the link https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/pros-and-cons-of-ambanja-vs-nosy-be.179860/

It doesn't say much but it's towards the end. & OMG you've got a good eye! 100% a Kammerflage baby and completely agree with their strong RBBB bloodlines 🔥🔥. The blue almost illuminates sometimes and his reds vary from burgundy to bright red like candy apple. Super anxious to see how they change as he gets older as this is my first boy 😁😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-234615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-234615_Gallery.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 116
The first time I seen RBBB I've been hooked since ! Almost looks like Spiderman or somethin 😂. This is his father 👀

I 1000% agree that both locales are beautiful (even tho I'm more familiar with Nosys). I don't mind the opinions and am actually welcoming them ! Lol. I needed to get some of my excitement out and what better way way to talk about it with people that share the same interests haha 😂💙. I think I'm swaying Ambanja but it all comes down to the colors and looks tomorrow ! & Gingero actually didn't say it in a video but an older post on here comparing Nosys & Ambanjas here's the link https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/pros-and-cons-of-ambanja-vs-nosy-be.179860/

It doesn't say much but it's towards the end. & OMG you've got a good eye! 100% a Kammerflage baby and completely agree with their strong RBBB bloodlines 🔥🔥. The blue almost illuminates sometimes and his reds vary from burgundy to bright red like candy apple. Super anxious to see how they change as he gets older as this is my first boy 😁😁
Thanks for the link! I had no idea there were differences in head/facial structure between locales. I also couldn’t agree more with the part about discussing what to get with a crowd that‘s already super into their chams ✌🏻. When you mentioned the breeder updating their inventory tomorrow, I had a feeling you were talking about Kammerflage/Chameleons Only! I still follow them, even though I already got my chameleon 😁 (it‘s not a crime to just look haha).

Again. I‘m totally not jealous of your Ares, your future nosey be or ambanja OR the fact that you’re getting a second chameleon at all 😂 I really hope you continue to post pics of Ares as he grows! We’re going to need to see pics of whatever cham you end up with this next time around, too.

Thanks for the link! I had no idea there were differences in head/facial structure between locales. I also couldn’t agree more with the part about discussing what to get with a crowd that‘s already super into their chams ✌🏻. When you mentioned the breeder updating their inventory tomorrow, I had a feeling you were talking about Kammerflage/Chameleons Only! I still follow them, even though I already got my chameleon 😁 (it‘s not a crime to just look haha).

Again. I‘m totally not jealous of your Ares, your future nosey be or ambanja OR the fact that you’re getting a second chameleon at all 😂 I really hope you continue to post pics of Ares as he grows! We’re going to need to see pics of whatever cham you end up with this next time around, too.
Yeah I had no idea either but the more I think about it something in an Ambanjas face has always kinda looked a little different in a good way! Lol . & hahaha yeah you busted me 😂! I stumbled across Kammerflage in like December and have been addicted to looking at their animals since 😂😂. You are right it's not a crime to look but LORDDD I find myself way too excited for their new drops lately hahaha.

&& dont worry now that I'm signed up on here I don't plan on going anywhere LOL. Be prepared for many more posts with pictures and questions in the future! && if there is a decision made tomorrow this site will be the first to know 😂👌🏼. I will say I don't have to make a decision tomorrow (even tho I already paid) but it's probably gonna be hard not too! Lol. Here's what I'm dealing with ...

First 3 pictures will be offspring of him available.. & last photo is a picture that went with the post yesterday. Now don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure he is an Ambanja & 90% sure he will be one of the ones on the site tomorrow ! Idk if it's just me, but he's looking CRAZY at what looks to be a young age already 👀👀👀 ..... decisions decisions decisions (keep in mind I was originally going for YBBB but can't help to get off track a little LOL)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210822-000857_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210822-000857_Chrome.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_20210822-000929_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210822-000929_Chrome.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20210822-000936_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210822-000936_Chrome.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20210822-000817_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20210822-000817_Facebook.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 112

1629642643304.png

I studied up on locales, looked at pics of parents & grandparents, and even got a choice from pics of the actual babies.

RESULT: My ambilobe looks NOTHING like ANY of them, and it doesn't matter. He's still quite a looker when fired up, though nothing like expected. Final colors sometimes don't manifest until 6 months (or even later in some cases). What are you going to do—send him back IDTS.

Same goes for temperament & personality. Panthers are reputed to be the chillest/most personable of the top 3 kept species.

RESULT: Mine is named Ol' Grumpypants, and it's not a case of hyperbolic irony; he's a cantankerous fellow, and that's fine too. He's also bold, curious, and IMO more intelligent than I had expected. When looking around in his enclosure for how to get from point A to point B, you can see the wheels turning, and we seem to be in a perpetual contest of outsmarting each other (which is a lot more challenging & fun).

Excitement is fine, but don't set yourself up for disappointment/disillusionment. Genetics are a probability—not a certainty—they are still a gamble. ;)

Back
Top Bottom