Northwest chameleon keepers society

Chameleopatrick

Greetings all,

There seems to be a large number of chameleon keepers here in the Northwest. I would like to gauge your interest in having a chameleon society where we can all come together and discuss chameleon husbandry perhaps once every other month. Preferably a group of passionate experienced keepers that can share their expertise to our humble group. I have reached out to a few Chameleon forum members and there seems to be some interest.

I'd be willing to host our first meeting if there is interest in sharing your experience. Your chameleons would be welcome. We could possibly trade feeders, baby chams, knowledge etc.

I would like to hear from you if you are interested in participating.

Sincerely,

Patrick

um

I am not from that side of the country, but just saing?? is'nt that what we do on here?? I think it may be better to meet at a reptile show , those are once a month, atleast around here in Michigan, I only have that much time to be able to meet with people , do to work and these Chameleons , sorry if I rained on your peraide.. Eric,

I am not from that side of the country, but just saing?? is'nt that what we do on here?? I think it may be better to meet at a reptile show , those are once a month, atleast around here in Michigan, I only have that much time to be able to meet with people , do to work and these Chameleons , sorry if I rained on your peraide.. Eric,

I guess we can put you down as not interested then :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input?

No way do not knock it until you have gone. A meeting at someones place who is generous enough to show their chameleon room or reptile collection can be extremely worthy. Especially if it is a high level collectors collection who has got a collection that has species you would only spot in three reptile conventions or never at conventions. I have not spotted many Bradypodion, Calumma, or West African Trioceros at shows in a long while if ever for some species here in the USA.

I would be more than happy to join something like that..... If there was one more in the middle of the country......... I'm in Colorado :(

Cascadia Chameleon Cooperative

The prospect of diversifying each other's bloodlines for future generations, as well as the exchange of feeders seems like a fairly enticing prospect, especially considering that the Northwest tends to aggressively enjoy local exchange more than other regions where I have either visited or lived. I was wondering as to why something like this did not already exist.

I guess we can put you down as not interested then :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input?

haha, well put.

I am always so jealous of the south bay chameleon keeps and all their meetings. I almost want to move back to the South Bay just to be able to join! But considering one of my long term goals is to end up in Florida, I am sure I will get to spend some time with chameleon groups eventually. I feel so alone out here...........

I would be happy to give a presentation on lighting. We could also test your uv bulbs with the solar meter and do a wide comparison if a few brought their own specific light.

Of course a BBQ and chameleon champagne.

Having two to three discussions in depth, would make the passionate keepers time worth the trip.

21 and older please.

Im totally down for this...except you need to change the name to:
"Vigilants Army of Slaves"
You all need to come down to Cali. and I will require weekly donations of $100 from each member.

So... are we good?

Hehe, jk people. OP good luck with the club.

Well I do go to meeting of the south bay group, not often, but I make it when I can. Maybe I could come to your group at least once. If I can go to CA, why not WA.

Greetings all,

There seems to be a large number of chameleon keepers here in the Northwest. I would like to gauge your interest in having a chameleon society where we can all come together and discuss chameleon husbandry perhaps once every other month. Preferably a group of passionate experienced keepers that can share their expertise to our humble group. I have reached out to a few Chameleon forum members and there seems to be some interest.

I'd be willing to host our first meeting if there is interest in sharing your experience. Your chameleons would be welcome. We could possibly trade feeders, baby chams, knowledge etc.

I would like to hear from you if you are interested in participating.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Its a very good idea. In person exchange of ideas, demonstrations, bug swaps, camaraderie are all good. Not to mention as a group you'll have a larger voice to advocate if there are proposed laws that may effect you, influence on local pet shops and suppliers, etc.
I hope you pull it together. If you ever meet around Seattle or elsewhere close to the boarder, let me know- Maybe I can be a guest/visitor.

You might consider sending a PM inquiry/invitation directly to others in Washington
https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=washington&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30
and members in Oregon https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=oregon&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30
and anyone you can think of in Idaho (Paradisegirl?) and southern BC (reptigeek? dartsrule?)

Last edited:
Its a very good idea. In person exchange of ideas, demonstrations, bug swaps, camaraderie are all good. Not to mention as a group you'll have a larger voice to advocate if there are proposed laws that may effect you, influence on local pet shops and suppliers, etc.
I hope you pull it together. If you ever meet around Seattle or elsewhere close to the boarder, let me know- Maybe I can be a guest/visitor.

You might consider sending a PM inquiry/invitation directly to others in Washington
https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=washington&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30
and members in Oregon https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/list/?field2=oregon&order=DESC&sort=lastvisit&pp=30
and anyone you can think of in Idaho (Paradisegirl?) and southern BC (reptigeek? dartsrule?)

Only 2.5 hours away from Vancouver area.2.5 hours from Portland. That would be great if you could participate. You can be our honorary international member.

:)

Well, if we can decide on a date sometime in September, and the couple of keepers from Oregon, and BC, and Laurie can make it. I believe this wont be just another meeting. It would be a chameleon extravaganza spectacular!

I would be happy to give a presentation on lighting. We could also test your uv bulbs with the solar meter and do a wide comparison if a few brought their own specific light.

Of course a BBQ and chameleon champagne.

Having two to three discussions in depth, would make the passionate keepers time worth the trip.

21 and older please.

awww shucks im 20 1/2

Back
Top Bottom