Normal shaky leaf?

ariez189

Established Member
Hello all!

I just got home with my new chameleon. She is a rescue and a female veiled that I believe is around 4 months old. She had been living in a 40 gallon glass tank and little to any plants. They had her for about 3 months. I was wondering if her walk was just shaky leaf since she is not used to having somewhere to hide or something else. She is very spunky and has already puffed up and hissed at me. Her biting and licking things, is this also her just exploring?

Thanks!

Last edited:
What is she trying to shoot her tongue at in the second video?

my mister was on at the time, so I assume the water, but she was also licking it off leaves. I was also told that they did not give her any supplements during the time they had her.

CBee that's a great observation. I was thinking the same thing too. Looks like she is trying to extend her tongue out. Maybe too dehydrated. Her eyes look a little sunken in. Probably would be best to take her to an exotic vet for a check out and get a thorough examination.

CBee that's a great observation. I was thinking the same thing too. Looks like she is trying to extend her tongue out. Maybe too dehydrated. Her eyes look a little sunken in. Probably would be best to take her to an exotic vet for a check out and get a thorough examination.

That was my plan. This was her when she was posted, so seems like whenever they misted was the only water she got.

Attachments

• 8BBD2A02-1378-48E5-82BE-59FE12D9EBF7.jpeg
    8BBD2A02-1378-48E5-82BE-59FE12D9EBF7.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 94
And to check for MBD, as well. Shaking is a symptom. On a side note, @ariez189 I would make sure the substrate on the background can’t be pulled out like it did in that video

She’ll most likely need more care than a healthy female veiled. Filling out the ask for help for help form would be great, just to make sure everything you’re doing is tip, top. After taking her to an experienced chameleon vet, her care will probal change. But we can make basic and needed changes (if needed) for now until then.

I will. Thank you! I will call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment. Poor little baby has had a tough start, so hopefully we can catch anything and help her out :)

"On average, a chameleon's tongue can reach twice the length of their bodies."

National Geographic

Back
Top Bottom