Non-stop wants to come out and eating dirt in egg box

its 10 tall by 8 wide but it narrows down a little bit. Not much. Its a trash can from dollar general.
IMO, this isn't big enough. They recommend using a 9x9 but I like it to be 10x10 and at a very minimum of 6 inches deep (but I make mine 9 inches there too)

Now that I have gone bioactive it is all so much simpler.

I want to add that she hasn't gone into it or even attempted to go into the bin yet even with privacy (me at work all day). At the moment she just gets the green dots and she sometimes goes dark stripes and walks on the screen of the cage / all around her enclosure. I think this is her looking for a mate?
Yep, could be.
Does she have yellow splotches?

IMO, this isn't big enough. They recommend using a 9x9 but I like it to be 10x10 and at a very minimum of 6 inches deep (but I make mine 9 inches there too)

Now that I have gone bioactive it is all so much simpler.
Will she be okay to lay in it this time? I will for sure get her a bigger one next time shes ready to lay. If not ill find something and replant the pothos / soil in it.

No but i was told some chams dont get those. Shes pushing 1 yrs old she would have them by now right? She has brown stripes on her now which usually isn't there.
Yes, every female is different. The signs we look for are just a guideline, not set in stone.

She is obviously just a late bloomer. No problem with that.
Is this the first time she has been restless? Or was she acting restless and climbing the screen about a month ago too?

Will she be okay to lay in it this time? I will for sure get her a bigger one next time shes ready to lay. If not ill find something and replant the pothos / soil in it.
Maybe. I'm not sure. My female was provided a lovely lay bin and chose to lay in her small pot up top....they do what they want.
But, not providing her with the proper size might mean she refuses to lay them and gets egg bound. I do not know what she will do.

Maybe. I'm not sure. My female was provided a lovely lay bin and chose to lay in her small pot up top....they do what they want.
But, not providing her with the proper size might mean she refuses to lay them and gets egg bound. I do not know what she will do.
understood, ill play it safe and get her something larger tomorrow morning. Thanks tons.

Yes, every female is different. The signs we look for are just a guideline, not set in stone.

She is obviously just a late bloomer. No problem with that.
Is this the first time she has been restless? Or was she acting restless and climbing the screen about a month ago too?
She was a month ago but im positive it was because she out grew her enclosure. I built her a new one and it stopped, now here she is again but this time i think she is receptive because she does have new coloration to her such as variations of light green dots, just not the typical yellow splotches and blue headstripes.

She now is being lazy and will sit on her mass cane tree leaves instead of her branches like she’s resting her belly on it or something. She gets extra defensive but stays a light color.

8A0D7B8B-92F9-4498-8361-FE34B329CA77.jpeg

Okay. Yeah she is just like sitting with half her body on the mass cane tree leafs and her big lumpy belly.

I put a blanket over the front end of her cage for privacy.
Awesome, just make sure that there is a gap at the bottom, and it's only about half way up to the top so that air can circulate still.

Awesome, just make sure that there is a gap at the bottom, and it's only about half way up to the top so that air can circulate still.
her cage is four foot tall without the legs included and it goes 3 feet back, i just covered the whole front end of the cage and just enough to hang the blanket where it wont fall on the top is that good?

Back
Top Bottom