Non-stop wants to come out and eating dirt in egg box

Is her lay bin the proper size, material, and moisture level? Do you have any pics of it (obviously don’t go get a pic of it now if she’s trying to lay)?

The sticks shouldn’t bother her you can also put a scrap plant in there to provide more privacy. Usually they will lay near the roots of the plant. Having other plants at the bottom that provide more privacy is good too. She should know it’s her laying bin when she’s looking around for a place to lay and the size sounds good.
Edit: I think as long as the sticks are on the rim of the bin it shouldn’t bother her.
I wanna put pathos in it. Do I just take the entire plant with the soil and put it in the bin or just the plant itself and replant it in the lay bin?

The sticks shouldn’t bother her you can also put a scrap plant in there to provide more privacy. Usually they will lay near the roots of the plant. Having other plants at the bottom that provide more privacy is good too. She should know it’s her laying bin when she’s looking around for a place to lay and the size sounds good.
Edit: I think as long as the sticks are on the rim of the bin it shouldn’t bother her.
I wanna put pathos in it. Do I just take the entire plant with the soil and put it in the bin or just the plant itself and replant it in the lay bin?
if you are home to supervise let her out on a big tree or safe area to explore or in the fresh sunshine when it gets above 60, Also do not over mist the cage and don't mist her directly just the leaves
what? I’m confused why do I need to handle her

Is her lay bin the proper size, material, and moisture level? Do you have any pics of it (obviously don’t go get a pic of it now if she’s trying to lay)?
079FCAEC-BDA9-4F8C-8957-B885A4C3B6D0.jpeg

felt her belly it just felt like her stomach I couldn’t tell if there were eggs, but she’s definitely receptive/working on some eggs.

AA3BB536-5221-4EAE-AEA5-E3FBD2F3A01F.jpeg

if you are home to supervise let her out on a big tree or safe area to explore or in the fresh sunshine when it gets above 60, Also do not over mist the cage and don't mist her directly just the leaves
Just realized why you said this. She no longer has issues she’s happy in her enclosure I built her a giant 4ft cage a bit ago. Now just getting her through the egg process which I’m confident about

View attachment 290984
felt her belly it just felt like her stomach I couldn’t tell if there were eggs, but she’s definitely receptive/working on some eggs.

View attachment 290985
Ok so you’re using soil which is better if you’re putting a pothos in it. Just make sure the plant doesn’t take over the entire bin
Edit: personally I use play sand but soil is good as long as it’s organic and has no fertilizer or pesticides. Also none of those little white perlite

Ok so you’re using soil which is better if you’re putting a pothos in it. Just make sure the plant doesn’t take over the entire bin
Ok but how do I go about it? Just take some of the pothos and plant it in? Will the soil in the pothos plant hurt my chameleon if it gets in her lay bin?

Ok but how do I go about it? Just take some of the pothos and plant it in? Will the soil in the pothos plant hurt my chameleon if it gets in her lay bin?
Well the soil in the pothos should be organic already. Since you should repot with organic to watch out for fertilizer/pesticides and perlite. Just like you’re planting something in soil make a whole and plant it. It should not like I said since it should be the same type of soil pretty much.
Edit: Don’t plant in the middle try planting in the rim and make sure the plant isn’t too big, can I see a picture?

Well the soil in the pothos should be organic already. Since you should repot with organic to watch out for fertilizer/pesticides and perlite. Just like you’re planting something in soil make a whole and plant it. It should not like I said since it should be the same type of soil pretty much.
Edit: Don’t plant in the middle try planting in the rim and make sure the plant isn’t too big, can I see a picture?
66DE1CF4-D38E-4A56-B546-2647395657A6.jpeg

There are little white things in the soil I ordered this plant from the American plant exchange

There are little white things in the soil I ordered this plant from the American plant exchange
It might be perlite or foam etc... you didn’t replant it? If you have more organic soil from the bin replant and then put it in the bin. Or wash the pothos off take out the soil and place it in the soil with the roots and all.
Edit: If you can run to Home Depot and buy one of those mini pothos plants that are $3-4, repot and plant it would be better this one looks a little too big

It might be perlite or foam etc... you didn’t replant it? If you have more organic soil from the bin replant and then put it in the bin. Or wash the pothos off take out the soil and place it in the soil with the roots and all.
Edit: If you can run to Home Depot and buy one of those mini pothos plants that are $3-4, repot and plant it would be better this one looks a little too big
Good?

4D44FC0C-373F-402F-A13E-D202E06B16A4.jpeg

You’ll want to use either all washed play sand or 50/50 washed play sand and organic soil, not all organic soil. How deep is the substrate? Here’s a lay bin reference photo again to refer to. Keep all mistings the same if it’s automated, and try to leave her be and give her absolute privacy. @AmandaS @MissSkittles and @jannb will be more help than me, they all have female veileds.

Attachments

• 42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    42F4F72A-AE9E-4D6D-AD10-82D1097BF5BE.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 52
I want to add that she hasn't gone into it or even attempted to go into the bin yet even with privacy (me at work all day). At the moment she just gets the green dots and she sometimes goes dark stripes and walks on the screen of the cage / all around her enclosure. I think this is her looking for a mate?

Back
Top Bottom