Nocturnal activity

My chameleon's cage is in my bedroom. The last few nights as I've been laying in bed I've heard what sounds like crunching noises coming from his cage. I thought all chameleons slept mostly through the night. Is it possible that he's hunting? Should I investigate further or am I just being paranoid?

My chameleon's cage is in my bedroom. The last few nights as I've been laying in bed I've heard what sounds like crunching noises coming from his cage. I thought all chameleons slept mostly through the night. Is it possible that he's hunting? Should I investigate further or am I just being paranoid?
Well, I’d assume that like humans, chameleons can have sleep schedules. He could be used to staying up late and getting to bed early in the morning and sleeping until the middle of the day. Have his lights been going through a 12 hour day/night cycle? If so, did he have a previous owner that might not have done so?

That very well could be. I know it doesn't help that his light schedule and mine don't mesh very well. I wanted his lights to at least come close to matching the sun so they come on at 9am and go off at 9pm. My day, however, runs from about 12:30pm to roughly 5am (working two jobs). Ive been misting as soon as I get up and then at about 9pm (I have a short gap between jobs) doing my best not to mist after lights-out. However, when I come home at 5am my bedroom light is on for a brief minute while I get changed for bed (again, I try to minimize this as much as possible because I know it doesn't sync with his lights)

Could there be any big roaches loose in there? I've heard bugs in my enclosure after lights out numerous times.

Not roaches but there could definitely be some crickets loose.
Perhaps I am just being paranoid. Thank you for the feedback regardless.

Back
Top Bottom