No urate in my chameleons poop please help.

linneabrown22

My male chameleon has not had any urate in his poop for a while it looks normal in size and color but with out a urate. He has a mister and eats daily. I try to keep him on a regular diet with supplements. He has also been very dark in color alot more than normal. I got him as a hatchling in March so he is about 4 months old and went through a shed about a week and a half ago. I usually feed him meal worms and crickets but for about 4 weeks all he would eat is the worms. And I noticed the other day that I haven't seen any urates on his poops lately so I cleaned out the cage to be sure. This is what they look like after they dry I geuss.

Attachments

• 16261235318655381168922102544916.jpg
    16261235318655381168922102544916.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 16261235616493327461978882174412.jpg
    16261235616493327461978882174412.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 100
My male chameleon has not had any urate in his poop for a while it looks normal in size and color but with out a urate. He has a mister and ears daily I try to keep him on a regular diet with supplements. He has also been very dark in color alot more than normal. I got him as a hatchling in March so he is about 4 months old and went through a shed about a week and a half ago. I usually feed him meal worms and crickets but for about 4 weeks all he would eat is the worms. And I noticed the other day that I haven't seen any urates on his poops lately so I cleaned out the cage to be sure.
I am sure the admins will want you to fill out a husbandry form to ensure you have the correct setup for your chameleon, but I just wanted to point out the food situation.
You should avoid feeding mealworms because they are very hard for chameleons to digest, and can cause blockages. Also, crickets have a higher chance of carrying parasites so if your chameleon is looking sickly, you may need to get him checked out by an exotic vet.
I would recommend changing your feeders to Dubia Roaches, Calci-Worms (black soldier fly larvae) and silkworms. Silkworms are kinda hard to get, so I mostly feed the other two. I also will include a variety of worms like Hornworms and Waxworms as treats. Hornworms are great for hydration so if he is dehydrated, this may be a good way to get him re-hydrated.
Chameleons are good at hiding illnesses so definitely try to get him seen to make sure he is okay! 🙂

Dehydration – This is easily fixed by increasing the number of mistings you do and the amount of water provided. If this still isn’t enough you can give your chameleon a shower by placing them on a plant, placing them in your shower cubicle and aiming the water at the wall so it bounces off on to your chameleon for them to drink.

Back
Top Bottom