No one wants to talk about this 💔

First off I want to say thank you for creating this video. ❤️

I have to admit this is something I think of often as Beman gets older. He just turned 5 in June and I have been in the forum for almost 5 years now. I have seen so much death in this forum and probably 80% due to improper husbandry. Some due to people not understanding that the recommendations are not those that they can do without and some due to people just getting all the wrong info from other sources. Then there have been the out of no where deaths. Husbandry is on point and the keeper did not see it coming. And the deaths due to age. Every thread and every death to me is sad. And I think it is why I devote so much time to helping new keepers here. If I can help one person then my time is worth it. And over the years I see the keepers I have helped grow and help others.

I find myself thinking about all the topics you mentioned in this video quite frequently. While Beman is still very much thriving he is now showing his age. And I know how well they hide stuff so that they seem strong. So for the last 6 months I have been deep into preparing myself for when he passes. Last week I met with my vet that cares for my dogs and my cat. She is now seeing reptiles. We laughed together when she said I probably know a lot more than her about husbandry. I said that I probably did and smiled. Then I asked the tough question. Could she humanly euthanize a chameleon and how would she do it? My heart sank having to ask this but in all my time here in the forum I know that a cham passing is not always fast. For Beman if at all possible, I will not put him through the pain of a slow death.

While I have my close friends here in the forum that I lean on about by sadness with his aging it is not something I openly share. Maybe I don't because it is my last wall of denial. Watching your video and you speaking of your experience with Apollo and what you felt after, thank you. I think I needed to hear the things you said since these are all my whirlwind thoughts as well. Things I go back and forth on. Do I tear down the cage do I keep it up. What happens if I wake up and he is on the floor. All these thoughts. So thank you for doing this video. I think many people will feel like they are not alone in this because of this video.

I want to add... While this may not be a happy topic I highly recommend all forum members watch this video. It will help you understand what to prepare for down the road. And for those that are not understanding the importance of every single aspect of husbandry needing to be on point for a chameleon to thrive. Well if you leave out aspects, if you skip steps, if you choose not to provide something that is needed... you will end up dealing with the consequences. And I would hate for any of you to experience those when they can be avoided. ❤️

Gingero & Beman, your both solid pillars of proper chameleon care, including for myself. Thank you for your dedication and non judgemental approaches to everything ~ good or bad! I truly enjoy all your feedback n videos, have learned so much, as I'm sure many others have and does as well.
This community is so lucky to have you guys as well as other cham gurus in here.
I and all my chameleon say THANK YOU 🫶

Ps gingero, I'm so sorry for your loss of Apolo, he was so sweet and beautiful. I started crying watching the video, the pain is so real and heartbreakin to deal with the end of a loved one, who was a HUGE part of our lives. You addressed it realistically and correct. 🥹

First off I want to say thank you for creating this video. ❤️

I have to admit this is something I think of often as Beman gets older. He just turned 5 in June and I have been in the forum for almost 5 years now. I have seen so much death in this forum and probably 80% due to improper husbandry. Some due to people not understanding that the recommendations are not those that they can do without and some due to people just getting all the wrong info from other sources. Then there have been the out of no where deaths. Husbandry is on point and the keeper did not see it coming. And the deaths due to age. Every thread and every death to me is sad. And I think it is why I devote so much time to helping new keepers here. If I can help one person then my time is worth it. And over the years I see the keepers I have helped grow and help others.

I find myself thinking about all the topics you mentioned in this video quite frequently. While Beman is still very much thriving he is now showing his age. And I know how well they hide stuff so that they seem strong. So for the last 6 months I have been deep into preparing myself for when he passes. Last week I met with my vet that cares for my dogs and my cat. She is now seeing reptiles. We laughed together when she said I probably know a lot more than her about husbandry. I said that I probably did and smiled. Then I asked the tough question. Could she humanly euthanize a chameleon and how would she do it? My heart sank having to ask this but in all my time here in the forum I know that a cham passing is not always fast. For Beman if at all possible, I will not put him through the pain of a slow death.

While I have my close friends here in the forum that I lean on about by sadness with his aging it is not something I openly share. Maybe I don't because it is my last wall of denial. Watching your video and you speaking of your experience with Apollo and what you felt after, thank you. I think I needed to hear the things you said since these are all my whirlwind thoughts as well. Things I go back and forth on. Do I tear down the cage do I keep it up. What happens if I wake up and he is on the floor. All these thoughts. So thank you for doing this video. I think many people will feel like they are not alone in this because of this video.

I want to add... While this may not be a happy topic I highly recommend all forum members watch this video. It will help you understand what to prepare for down the road. And for those that are not understanding the importance of every single aspect of husbandry needing to be on point for a chameleon to thrive. Well if you leave out aspects, if you skip steps, if you choose not to provide something that is needed... you will end up dealing with the consequences. And I would hate for any of you to experience those when they can be avoided. ❤️
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and experiences on this topic. Neptune also turned 5 this year so I understand exactly where you're coming from 💚

Gingero & Beman, your both solid pillars of proper chameleon care, including for myself. Thank you for your dedication and non judgemental approaches to everything ~ good or bad! I truly enjoy all your feedback n videos, have learned so much, as I'm sure many others have and does as well.
This community is so lucky to have you guys as well as other cham gurus in here.
I and all my chameleon say THANK YOU 🫶

Ps gingero, I'm so sorry for your loss of Apolo, he was so sweet and beautiful. I started crying watching the video, the pain is so real and heartbreakin to deal with the end of a loved one, who was a HUGE part of our lives. You addressed it realistically and correct. 🥹
Thank you for the kind words and condolences towards Apollo. It's nice to know his memory lives on through others.

Back
Top Bottom