No means No!

I have been for a few minutes every day for the last 2 or 3 days.
She wants nothing to do with Mr. Kitty.

-Brad

Just so you all don't think I'm a horrible keeper ... trying to purposefully stress out my "sweet" little girl ....
The idea is that she will most likely lay a second clutch and I would like to get some sperm in the equation.
It's obviously still too soon.
This is only for a few minutes each time we try. They are out of each other's sight the rest of the time.

-Brad

I thought you were going to wait it out for a little bit longer.
I figured you were going to try to see of you could dublicate lindas results with not laying any eggs.
Well, whatever you decide to do, I hope you have good luck, and maybe Agnes will give it up soon. ;)
I would find it very unlikely that anyone would think you are a bad keeper Brad.
You always have something up you sleve.
Senegals next!

Just so you all don't think I'm a horrible keeper ... trying to purposefully stress out my "sweet" little girl ....
The idea is that she will most likely lay a second clutch and I would like to get some sperm in the equation.
It's obviously still too soon.
This is only for a few minutes each time we try. They are out of each other's sight the rest of the time.

-Brad

Even if you pair them again, she could and almost definitely would have another clutch after this next one on retained sperm again. Just a heads up... 3 clutchs in a row is quite taxing on any female.

3 clutches in a row is very taxing. My current breeding female is laying about one clutch a year. It's just as good to have them lay 2 a year, in my experience, as long as they're not big (over 40 eggs). When you start to get 2-3 clutches a year of 60+ eggs, females just don't live as long.

I am not interested in causing her to lay two more clutches.
Until Chameleontario posted, I did not consider this as a possibility.
Nor has anyone I have consulted with brought this up as a possibility (and more than one person has suggested, or not seen a problem with, getting her together with Kitty before she starts the second clutch)
Perhaps she won't even lay a second clutch. I wouldn't be introducing them at all at this point anyway .. but thought if she was going to lay again .....
Actually, it's probably not up to me anyway. She wants to be left alone.:rolleyes:

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom