Night Walker?

Dunnigan

The girlfriend just informed me that sometimes she will wake up in the middle of the night and my male veiled will be walking around and sometimes she hears him eat (there are sometimes a cricket or 2 left in his cup that he feeds from)

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Are your temps too high at night? Maybe something's scaring them into keeping them awake. I doubt this is a normal chameleon thing.

she said she heard him last night and the temps were ~65 (we had the windows open on one of our lovely florida nights)

I dont think anything could be scaring him? Crickets? i mean its just me and the girlfriend in the room no other animals besides a female veiled which he cannot see. She does not have any abnormal sleeping habbits BTW

you really shouldnt keep any insects in the cage. even if the bugs are in a cup. your cham shouldnt be eating that late, plus the fact that the bug is prbably not even gutloading properly from that time at night.

If theres any light, or movement, that could do it. A couple of my chameleons are light sleepers...so it seems.

Chameleons have poor hearing but can sense vibrations. Any banging going on? Color is right, always remove crickets before they start munching on your cham. They have nasty bites and will try to dig their way into an animal (or so I've heard).

night walking-maybe
night eating- doubtful
( i would think it takes considerable brainpower to shoot that supertongue. could be wrong thou)
lol
. hope is all well with your guy, and im jelouse you live in Fl

I have to say our Meller's is a heavy sleeper. One evening we moved him on his plant and he never woke up, or even batted an eye. I guess he just thought it was a windy night? :p

Make sure you dont have any light pollution leaking into the room. If it's bright enough from say a computer monitor perhaps they never get the signal that its night? just a thought...

good luck,

Luis

The girlfriend just informed me that sometimes she will wake up in the middle of the night and my male veiled will be walking around and sometimes she hears him eat (there are sometimes a cricket or 2 left in his cup that he feeds from)

Is this normal? Anyone else experience this?

Do you use red night time heat lamps? Those can keep your chams up at night.....

He must be getting light from somewhere to be eating... :confused:

I heard my Chameleon up at night a few times. However he was in pain. This went on for a few days, then he prolapsed his colon.

How are his washroom habits? Any signs of dehydration? A chameleon should never be up at night.

My cham had to be put down unfortunatley. If this continues, I would call your local vet to see if they know anything about that.

I hope it is as others are saying, some light just keeping your cham awake. If this is the case, move the cage to another location maybe.

Do you use red night time heat lamps? Those can keep your chams up at night.....

He must be getting light from somewhere to be eating... :confused:

Negatory on the red heat lamps.

Its got me all confused too...

I heard my Chameleon up at night a few times. However he was in pain. This went on for a few days, then he prolapsed his colon.

How are his washroom habits? Any signs of dehydration? A chameleon should never be up at night.

My cham had to be put down unfortunatley. If this continues, I would call your local vet to see if they know anything about that.

I hope it is as others are saying, some light just keeping your cham awake. If this is the case, move the cage to another location maybe.

Im pretty shure its a negative on the dehydration. Urates are all white. I mist him 2-3 times a day and have a dripper running.

Im taking both of my guys to the Vet Next week or the week after. This will be one of the many questions i have.

Back
Top Bottom