Night temperature?

PeriTanz

My house only drops a couple of degrees at night. How are people achieving the 10 degree drop, i have read is important?

your house only drops a few degrees, but with the basking lamp off in the enclosure how much does the cage temp drop?

if you live in so-cal you could house your chams outside and they would be fine, and get the proper temperature drop.

your house only drops a few degrees, but with the basking lamp off in the enclosure how much does the cage temp drop?

* correction *my house hardly changes in temp. When i turn the basking light off the temp drop is around 5 degrees or less

My house doesn't change in temp either but I control that with the lights. However, household temps are between 68-70 pretty much at all times, so with the lights off I get the proper drop in temp.

Is your house very warm usually?

your basking site is only 5 degrees higher than your ambient?

For most it is higher than that, and simply turning off the basking site gives enough drop for things like panthers and veileds.

If I were in southern california, my chams would be out in my yard (I'm not, and this time of year my chams are still out in my yard anyway).

Are you sure your guages are working? If you keep your house at 85 degrees, then you must be sweating all the time!

Are you sure your guages are working? If you keep your house at 85 degrees, then you must be sweating all the time!

That's what i was wondering actually if perhaps my gauges are wrong because i know my house is rather warm but it seems like the 80s would feel hot?? I also relized that my the temp gauges i have on opposite ends of his enclosure arn't really close enough to get a really accurate reading of his basking area makes me wonder if i move i closer if it will read a degree or two hotter.

I have Tanzy outside today but i am wondering as a baby how cold would be too cold at night? I live on the coast but it still can get to the 40s at night ez.

New temp gauge reads:
Currently inside my house is reading at 23 degrees C. and last night it was very close to that. Tanzys enclosure (outside currently is reading at 25 degrees C) Not enough of a drop it seems to me...??

Back
Top Bottom