Cool down enclosure

Adottheswipa

Does anyone have any advice or tips to get my enclosure below 60 degrees I already have a ac unit in my room and right now it gets around 77-70 with my ac on at night looking for any suggestions

Mid to low 60s is fine for most species. Are you fogging at night, that should also help lower the temp some. Possibly a dirty filter in your AC unit.

It doesnt have to get near 60 "all year round". You are more looking for a temp swing of at least 10 degees between peak day and low night. Id say 90% of keepers cant drop below 70 at night during the summer.
Okay this is definitely great insight yeah I would say it does range about 10 degrees from day time to night

I have a digital hygrometer for my humidity a temperature gun for basking area and my digital hygrometer has a temperature gauge on it as well
Just seems awfully hot for having an ac unit in the room as well. Look into govee sensors. Keep them out of a direct spray path but they work great and are extremely accurate. They work with an app on your phone so you can see exactly what your ambient temp and humidity levels are doing 24/7.

Just seems awfully hot for having an ac unit in the room as well. Look into govee sensors. Keep them out of a direct spray path but they work great and are extremely accurate. They work with an app on your phone so you can see exactly what your ambient temp and humidity levels are doing 24/7.
I think what it mainly is the ac unit I think is bad cause I just moved into this apartment ac was already in the window I cleaned and everything filter is fine I just think it’s old

Also for the govee device they don’t make waterproof ones

Thanks where exactly should I place it up top or in the middle like where is the best spot to get the most accurate temp in the enclosure
I run two of these... I have them both hooked to the end of my branches up against the cage side wall. Both are totally out of the misting area this way. I am able to get ambient levels on the basking area and then lower in the foliage.
Here is a pic of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_8203.jpg
    IMG_8203.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom